Small question..
Aug 15, 2005 at 3:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

n00b

500+ Head-Fier
I was just thinking, would it be possible, for example, to get a button cell battery (like in watches) and wire it up to a tiny pushbutton switch, a resistor and an LED and fit it in the cups of some Grado cans without causing much reflection and other sound problems? Because that would look *really* cool to have glowing grados..

Aug 15, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b
I was just thinking, would it be possible, for example, to get a button cell battery (like in watches) and wire it up to a tiny pushbutton switch, a resistor and an LED and fit it in the cups of some Grado cans without causing much reflection and other sound problems? Because that would look *really* cool to have glowing grados..

it could be done.. question is why? do the ends justify the means?

Aug 15, 2005 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 8
that sounds COOOOOOL.

i think you would be better off using a seperate plug for the led wires, and having a "speshul" jack on your amp for the "led-plug."

getting all of the necessary bits (led, small cell, resistor, and switch) into the housing may be an issue. changing the cells may also be a pita if they are in the cups.
rs1smile.gif

Aug 15, 2005 at 6:28 AM Post #5 of 8
To tell you the truth, I have no idea how anything connects to a button cell battery.. I've seen it multiple times on various mainboards and pcb boards and stuff, but I wouldn't know how to make it dangling in the earcup or anything like that. The first time I saw LED lit headphones was on a wireless radio or something, so it had a mainboard on it already. I challenge anyone to do it, so they can post up a guide for everyon else.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back