small mp3 player recommendation
Sep 9, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by <GNEFF> killbot
Ipod Shuffle all the way.

Shuffle has a reputation of having THE best sound quality of all the Apple players.

I personally can't be without a screen so I'm getting a Nano for the gym.

Sep 9, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #17 of 29
Don't buy anything Apple until after the 12th. Strong rumors of new iPods and Nanos are all over the net.

Sep 9, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by citywithoutmetal
buy a shuffle with a 5 dollar skin, and you're good to go.

lol buying a skin for a shuffle is pointless as there is nothing to protect
wink.gif
get an mp3 player with a screen but wait until September 12.

Sep 9, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #19 of 29
don't but an iPod they suck!!!

have 2, very very bad sound quality.

and SanDisk Sansa suck too.

yea, Samsung is good.

Sep 9, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
[1500i]That thing sucks.

Not. It sounds quite good and its output is quite customizable. The shape isn't the most practical though.

For the gym another Shuffle recommendation. Ignore triple exclamations and double verys.

Sep 9, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6
I have no dog in this fight. As far as I know, the DAH-1500i sucks!

I saw a picture of the DAH-1500i on the Engaget website a short time ago. I thought a 2 gig fm radio flash player was pretty unbelievable in such a small form factor. I saw cantsleep's thread looking for suggestions for a "small mp3 player" and made the post.

Again, as far as I know, the DAH-1500i does indeed suck. My only question, does the person posting know, in fact, that the DAH-1500i sucks.

After the "That thing sucks" posting, I went online and looked for reviews of the DAH-1500i. The first four reviews in order are:

PC Magazine, says:
"We're so impressed with the DAH-1500i that while we were testing it, our iPod shuffle started whining and giving us puppy-dog eyes.";

Anything But iPod, says:
"At the present time I think that the MobiBLU DAH-1500i is one of the better flash players on the market and it is steps ahead of the iPod Shuffle, which is the same price as the MobiBLU.";

dapreview, says:
"Sure its not perfect, the buttons are a little bit cheap, the cube shape isn't ideal, and the battery life kinda sucks, but, all in all, I really like this product. Mobiblu truly has a winner on their hands with the DAH-1500i. It is incredibly unique, ridiculously small, and just so damn cool!";

and,

Pocket PC Central, says:
"Even with our minor complaints about the unit’s max volume level and somewhat stiff controls, the mobiBLU DAH-1500i is an amazing player with a lot to offer any mobile music lover."

I had extensive use with it.

I for one KNOW it sucks.

Same goes for your comment, blessingx.
I borrowed it for a week from my friend and even he knows it sucks.

I really wouldn't care how small or how cool it looks.
It's performace really lacks originality.

Battery hour is uber-low; it can get lost easily; buttons are way too small; sound is mediocre.

Sep 9, 2006 at 11:42 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

nsjong says:

I for one KNOW it sucks.

Same goes for your comment, blessingx.
I borrowed it for a week from my friend and even he knows it sucks.

I really wouldn't care how small or how cool it looks.
It's performace really lacks originality.

Battery hour is uber-low; it can get lost easily; buttons are way too small; sound is mediocre.

Now, I know it Suck! One thing you forgot to mention, their being sold at Wal-Mart.
etysmile.gif

Sep 9, 2006 at 12:16 PM Post #24 of 29
I'm trying to respond with proper capitalization and exclamations.

I had one for a month.
It SUCKS NOT.
My friend and his girlfriend each has one too. Even they (yes even they!) knows it sucks not too.
And all you sucky members comments that disagree with very unsucky me... TRULY TRIPLY MEGA-SUCKS!!!

I don't know what originality in performance means, put indeed the battery life isn't above average. Yes, small objects can get lost. I don't think MobiBLU should be blamed. Maybe pick your favorite supernatural deity for that. It should be noted there's a 1500 and 1500i (at sucky Walmart) model. If I remember correctly the later is truly USB2.0 (though the former claims to be) and decreases gap between songs. We may be talking of different models, which may explain the differences on the sucky scale.

I thought it had a quite pleasing sound. Again if you need to tweak, it has a surprising number of options. There's a reason its gotten so many positive reviews. Here's another detailed one from our friends over at DAPReview. In fact I was so impressed I've been waiting for the release of the 2300 (though Apples Tuesday announcement may change that). The only reason I sold mine was my [at the time] old Mac had no USB 2.0 port so charging was an issue. And as mentioned, its shape may not be best for the original posters request.

Anyway, as with all products there are different opinions, but the portables forum has gotten so juvy lately. What's up with all the 'suckiness'? Detailed complaints are a bit more helpful, no?

Sep 9, 2006 at 1:03 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx

I had one for a month.
It SUCKS NOT.
My friend and his girlfriend each has one too. Even they (yes even they!) knows it sucks not too.
And all you sucky members comments that disagree with very unsucky me... TRULY TRIPLY MEGA-SUCKS!!!

I don't know what originality in performance means, put indeed the battery life isn't above average. Yes, small objects can get lost. I don't think MobiBLU should be blamed. Maybe pick your favorite supernatural deity for that. It should be noted there's a 1500 and 1500i (at sucky Walmart) model. If I remember correctly the later is truly USB2.0 (though the former claims to be) and decreases gap between songs. We may be talking of different models, which may explain the differences on the sucky scale.

I thought it had a quite pleasing sound. Again if you need to tweak, it has a surprising number of options. There's a reason its gotten so many positive reviews. Here's another detailed one from our friends over at DAPReview. In fact I was so impressed I've been waiting for the release of the 2300 (though Apples Tuesday announcement may change that). The only reason I sold mine was my [at the time] old Mac had no USB 2.0 port so charging was an issue. And as mentioned, its shape may not be best for the original posters request.

Anyway, as with all products there are different opinions, but the portables forum has gotten so juvy lately. What's up with all the 'suckiness'? Detailed complaints are a bit more helpful, no?

OMG they show the specifications. wow.

Sep 9, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6
I don't mind agreeing or agreeing to disagree on amps and headphones, but can we at least all agree that Wal-Mart Truly Triply Mega-Sucks ?
evil_smiley.gif

you win a half-Internet!

Sep 9, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx

I had one for a month.
It SUCKS NOT.

I would say differently about the Cube2, but I still say the 1500i QUADRUPLE UBER-CRAP SUCKS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back