small mp3 player recommendation
Sep 6, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 29
buy a shuffle with a 5 dollar skin, and you're good to go.
I recommend the 512 over the 1gig if you just plan to use it at the gym.
i'd worry too much running with the nano. If the shuffle falls, you won't ding a screen, or if it breaks, it's only 60 bucks to replace.

Sep 7, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #7 of 29
YOU DID SAY SMALL:

Google: http://www.mobibluamerica.com/dah1500.html

I don't know what it sounds like, but it is all digital - I don't think it could sound all that bad ?
etysmile.gif

Sep 8, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphony
Cowon iAudio U2.

I love mine. The iPod is great for a plane trip, but just moving around thru daily life, the U2 is about perfect for me... I wish it had more than 2GB, but I couldn't wait. Smaller than a Bic lighter, perfect for a T-shirt pocket. I think mine sounds best with the tiniest bit of BBE and just a little EQ. I don't know of another brand that has BBE. There's a lot of'em that let you EQ the way you want, but not Apple.

Sep 8, 2006 at 12:03 PM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong:
That thing sucks.

I have no dog in this fight. As far as I know, the DAH-1500i sucks!

I saw a picture of the DAH-1500i on the Engaget website a short time ago. I thought a 2 gig fm radio flash player was pretty unbelievable in such a small form factor. I saw cantsleep's thread looking for suggestions for a "small mp3 player" and made the post.

Again, as far as I know, the DAH-1500i does indeed suck. My only question, does the person posting know, in fact, that the DAH-1500i sucks.

After the "That thing sucks" posting, I went online and looked for reviews of the DAH-1500i. The first four reviews in order are:

PC Magazine, says:
"We're so impressed with the DAH-1500i that while we were testing it, our iPod shuffle started whining and giving us puppy-dog eyes.";

Anything But iPod, says:
"At the present time I think that the MobiBLU DAH-1500i is one of the better flash players on the market and it is steps ahead of the iPod Shuffle, which is the same price as the MobiBLU.";

dapreview, says:
"Sure its not perfect, the buttons are a little bit cheap, the cube shape isn't ideal, and the battery life kinda sucks, but, all in all, I really like this product. Mobiblu truly has a winner on their hands with the DAH-1500i. It is incredibly unique, ridiculously small, and just so damn cool!";

and,

Pocket PC Central, says:
"Even with our minor complaints about the unit’s max volume level and somewhat stiff controls, the mobiBLU DAH-1500i is an amazing player with a lot to offer any mobile music lover."

Sep 8, 2006 at 1:44 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6
YOU DID SAY SMALL:

Google: http://www.mobibluamerica.com/dah1500.html

I don't know what it sounds like, but it is all digital - I don't think it could sound all that bad ?
etysmile.gif

That thing looks a little uncomfortable for a pocket, wouldnt you think? I havent actually seen it in person, but I can imagine it poking into my leg. I guess it would work around your neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back