Small Montreal Mini-Meet to celebrate SPRING!
Mar 10, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #76 of 112
Any of you guys into cigars ?

We can organize a smoking session at Habana SA on Sherbrooke to relax and then head over to the meet wherever it might be.

Anyone ?

Mar 16, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #77 of 112
here are some pretty nice shops available in the north :

studio 1006 (christophe-colomb and sauvé)

son-or-filtronique (on St-Laurent's, around Jean-talon)

Radio St-Hubert (in the St-Hubert's market, about 50 meters from Beaubien). The guy there can make some pretty good deals.

I'm interested as well in the meet, but my disponibilities are somewhat restrained as week-end goes (I'm not available during certain week-ends...), so keep the post updated as far as the decided date goes.

Mar 17, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #78 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any of you guys into cigars ?

We can organize a smoking session at Habana SA on Sherbrooke to relax and then head over to the meet wherever it might be.

Anyone ?

Habana SA on Sherbrooke... I'm intrigued... Is it still possible to smoke a cigar without getting arrested?

Romeo y Julieta - Romeo no.1
Romeo y Julieta - Churchill
Cohiba - Coronas Especiales
Partagas serie D #4
Montecristo #1

Sadly, I smoked my last Partagas Lusitania
blink.gif
it had to happen one day. And what is your poison?

Mar 17, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #79 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by peter_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Habana SA on Sherbrooke... I'm intrigued... Is it still possible to smoke a cigar without getting arrested?

Romeo y Julieta - Romeo no.1
Romeo y Julieta - Churchill
Cohiba - Coronas Especiales
Partagas serie D #4
Montecristo #1

Sadly, I smoked my last Partagas Lusitania
blink.gif
it had to happen one day. And what is your poison?

Yup, no problem one of the few establishments that you can still smoke publically. Any shop opened before the ban is allowed as long as the smoke are bought there. They also serve drinks and coffee, porto, scotch anyone ?

Jose Piedra Calsadore (my daily smokes)
H. Upmann
R & J
Punch Punch
Bolivar Corona
Hoyo de Moterry Epicure No. 5
... and anything Cuban really !

Mar 19, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #80 of 112
If the meeting is the last week-end of april, count me in...

Equipment :
Senns Hd595
Shure e4c

Meier HeadFive
Creative Zen Vision:m

and if possible
Toshiba sd-3990
Entech 203.2

plus the cables to wire that up.

However, I don't think I could make it for the 4-6 of may because I go on a trip during the next week and I'm not sure yet when my plane departs.

Mar 19, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #81 of 112
Sorry for the late reply guys - This sounds great, but I'm tentative about my attendance for these dates; my exams finish on April 27, and I will likely be going out of town that weekend or the next. I'll definitely attend if I'm in town however. My gear is in my signature. No smoking for me though thanks, especially near my precious gear
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 28, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #82 of 112
Laurent, any progress on a location ?

Anyone attending the FSI on the 12-14 April ? I will be going, I got "a" free pass ...yay for me
rs1smile.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #84 of 112
I would damn like to hear those SR-200
biggrin.gif

I will arrange things friday. I was supposed to make arrangement for the place and I will, it's just that I'm a Med Student and right now my life is limited to studying.

I will get back to you around saturday-sunday. I need to make some calls and maybe get some sponsors.

But it will happen
biggrin.gif

Thank you

Laurent

Apr 5, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #86 of 112
If all things fail in getting a place, we can have it on the weekend of the FSI and use the lobby/louge area ..LoL nice first class atomsphere and drinks to boot !

Apr 6, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #87 of 112
Hmmm, we can do that?
If that was the case, I won't be in town during that week-end so I won't be able to make it. I hope it will still be the last week-end of april.

Apr 6, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #88 of 112
Hey I'm calling the guys tomorrow for the room don't worry. I'll try to see how much it cost.

How the well did you get a free pass EdT?

BTW I'll be there the 13of april EdT. I'll bring my K81DJ so maybe you'll recognize me
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #89 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How the well did you get a free pass EdT?

BTW I'll be there the 13of april EdT. I'll bring my K81DJ so maybe you'll recognize me
biggrin.gif

Yup, I got a free pass from a MR member who is exhibiting there. I will be there on the 13th as well in the afternoon.

Apr 7, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #90 of 112
Are you aware about the following during the Festival?

Headphone Battle

Come with your iPod or personal digital player and compare several different headphones. Vote for your preferred one and run the chance to win it. (Level 2, hallway.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back