Small Montreal Mini-Meet to celebrate SPRING!
Mar 4, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #61 of 112
Sorry, can't make that weekend. You have fun, and I'll try to make the NEXT one, or start an Ottawa one... hehehe.
Marc
PS After several calls and messages, Sennheiser never called back.
frown.gif

Mar 4, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #62 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Need more name!

Chef Medeski where are you?

Ive been called out. Sounds good to me add me in.

Mar 5, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #64 of 112
I might be traveling around that time, if not I will attend for 1 day.

Rarsen
Brossard (suburb of Montreal)

Mar 7, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #66 of 112
Hum, too bad. My final exams only end after may 4. I don't know if there are other students around here but end of april is an obvious no-no.

Just when i thought i had pulled my sword from the hi-fi world, signed a truce with my wallet, this thread comes along and destroys this peace. Why, why why why! Now i'm thinking i have to do the 404-sigma mod that'll cost me some 800CADs, and spend time making a custom enclosure for the old sigma drivers, time that should have been spent studying for my finals, and money i should spend paying my tuition. No screw you head-fi!

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #67 of 112
Well Ok since we don't even have a place yet, for how many people it will be better the first weekends of may 4th-6th as oppose to how many could not make it?.(It will probably be only one day but will figured it out after we have which weekend is the best)

I can be there both date.

The date pretty much depend on how many people can make it.

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #68 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Larryminator
2. Sebascrub
3. DanT
4. Nightfire
5. EdT
6. Cloud_C

Add you name to the list please.

Count me in!!!! Can bring my iPod nano ear buds
tongue.gif
But seriously, I'm new that's all I have. I suggest we meet at a restaurant, make an evening out of it. Preferable a place with beer... if everyone is over 18 that is
blink.gif

1. Larryminator
2. Sebascrub
3. DanT
4. Nightfire
5. EdT
6. Cloud_C
7. peter_m

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #69 of 112
I'll probably be there if it's the weekend after the 4th of may.

But a restaurant? How are we going to plug our equipment up in a restaurant, not to mention the risk of frying stuff by spilling food on it.

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #70 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spare Tire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll probably be there if it's the weekend after the 4th of may.

But a restaurant? How are we going to plug our equipment up in a restaurant, not to mention the risk of frying stuff by spilling food on it.

Nah! I believe the idea of the restaurant has been drop earlier on. It's was for a quick impromptu portable only mini-meet so only what you could bring on yourself so we would not need any more space. But then the tread start to develop into a more gear meet.

We still need to find a proper space. It's going to depend on how many people will attend so that why we try to get a list.

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:51 AM Post #71 of 112
I already posted. And it seems it is better for a lot of people th 27-28-29 of april. I will also try to see if we can make it at College Andre Grasset and see if we can take a room there.

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #72 of 112
Larry, heres a lead http://www.audiophiles.ca/, the AMA uses the Centre Alphonse Desjardins 6755, 36è Avenue, coin Saint-Zotique, Montréal for their meets.

You Montreal guys know any place I can find good selection of cans ?, I don't mean places that can order it, but have a good selection in stock that I can see it.

Mar 8, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #73 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Larry, heres a lead http://www.audiophiles.ca/, the AMA uses the Centre Alphonse Desjardins 6755, 36è Avenue, coin Saint-Zotique, Montréal for their meets.

You Montreal guys know any place I can find good selection of cans ?, I don't mean places that can order it, but have a good selection in stock that I can see it.

There's a place downtown called Layton Audio, I think. It's on St Catherine and Peel ish...it's around the HMV on the same side of the street. They have Grado up to SR 325i and some Senns and Shures as well as Sony

Mar 8, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #74 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebascrub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a place downtown called Layton Audio, I think. It's on St Catherine and Peel ish...it's around the HMV on the same side of the street. They have Grado up to SR 325i and some Senns and Shures as well as Sony

Yer, I know about W.M. Layton, never visited them because of bad rep in that they don't know anything about their products. I inquired to them about the SR80 and they were the crazy f**ks that wanted $189+ taxes for them and non nego ...LoL that turned me off even more !

Mar 8, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #75 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yer, I know about W.M. Layton, never visited them because of bad rep in that they don't know anything about their products. I inquired to them about the SR80 and they were the crazy f**ks that wanted $189+ taxes for them and non nego ...LoL that turned me off even more !

Yep, that's all true. They don't really know much about headphones...the guy didn't even know about the Etymotic brand! And yeah, they are wickedly expensive, though I'm not sure if that's their fault or Grado's insane overseas policy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back