Small Montreal Mini-Meet to celebrate SPRING!
Feb 19, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #31 of 112
Please keep me posted, as I live on Montreal's South-Shore. If any interest I have an older (2001?) Headroom The Max amp, Sennheiser HD-580 with improved Cardas headphone cable and JPS Labs Analog AC power cable. Separately acquired vintage Marantz 2230 receiver and Luxman L590 amplifier with thought of their additional benefit of excellent headphohe outputs.

When planning dates, be aware that the annual Montreal audio-video show will be held the weekend after Easter, where several may chose to be present.

rarsen
E-mail: rarsen@videotron.ca

3000smile.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #32 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by rarsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please keep me posted, as I live on Montreal's South-Shore. If any interest I have an older (2001?) Headroom The Max amp, Sennheiser HD-580 with improved Cardas headphone cable and JPS Labs Analog AC power cable. Separately acquired vintage Marantz 2230 receiver and Luxman L590 amplifier with thought of their additional benefit of excellent headphohe outputs.

When planning dates, be aware that the annual Montreal audio-video show will be held the weekend after Easter, where several may chose to be present.

rarsen
E-mail: rarsen@videotron.ca

3000smile.gif

Hmmm... maybe we can rent out a room in a hotel downtown and turn this into something more official. I mean there is a great attraction, the show. Great weather. Could attract a lot of people from NY and Boston and Ottawa to come. Anybody up for organizing something bigger?

Feb 19, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #33 of 112
Hum hard to say.

I know we are some, maybe 10-15, but to take a hotel room, I think it would cost too much. We got to find something small and cheap.

Maybe make a list of those who would come?

Feb 19, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #34 of 112
Well, my place is still available, as long as it's before end of April, because then I'm moving back home for the summer. Though, given the amount of people posting in this thread, my place is shrinking by the post, especially with all the gear people are bringing. If not, we may be able to get a room at McGill somehow...I'm not sure how to go about doing that, though

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #35 of 112
Hello, I've read many threads on this forum for several weeks looking for opinions on a great many headphones as I'm looking to get a really "good" pair. I live in Ottawa, an if i'm not intruding too much, I would love to meet you guys whenever a date for this is settled. I can't offer much in gear as most of my time/money for audio has been spent on my home system, but my V900s(-laughter all around-) are breaking down after 6+ years of use and not really cutting it anymore. I can always bring those along so you can all be reminded how good your gear is,
biggrin.gif

Cheers, Cloud.

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #36 of 112
A thought:

What about asking for a meeting space at the audio-video show. It would be 100% consistent with their intent to attract an audiophile crowd. Someone from Montreal could look into it, perhaps. (I'm the Montrealer exiled to Ottawa)

There's been no response still from Sennheiser Canada.

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #37 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by OtterMarc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A thought:

What about asking for a meeting space at the audio-video show[...].

You mean the The Montreal Festival son et image???. Is a paying event in an hotel, The Sheraton. Each Exibitor is place in hotel room. The fee for Exibithor start at $2000 depending on the room and the average rate is around $4000

Feb 19, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #38 of 112
Hey guys. I checked at work and we don't have access to the room I mentioned earlier, so that option is out.

Renting a hotel room would definitely not be a bad idea if we can get 10-15 people confirmed. A suite would run $150-200, so that would be under $20.

I'll keep a user list in this message. If you're in for sure, respond with a confirmation, dates you can't make it, and what you would bring. I'll add it to this list.

Confirmed user list
nightfire - Any time - Lavry DA10, K1000, F1 clone
sebascrub - No Fridays - Grado SR-80, ER6i, 5G iPod, Cryo Dock, PA2v2, laptop+alien DAC, LDII+

Feb 19, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #39 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by OtterMarc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A thought:

What about asking for a meeting space at the audio-video show. It would be 100% consistent with their intent to attract an audiophile crowd. Someone from Montreal could look into it, perhaps. (I'm the Montrealer exiled to Ottawa)

There's been no response still from Sennheiser Canada.

Way too much money. Getting a simple Hotel Room may be better. But if anyone goes to McGill or Concordia, Im sure they could rent out a room for atleast 4,5 hours on an afternoon. Especially on a Friday night since no one does hw then. I know the Library at Metro Guy-Concordia does that but you have to be a concordia student to reserve.

Maybe we should set up a date. Im goin make a poll. Itll have multiple options, so that you can select any dates that work for you and the ones with the most people should be the best one.

Feb 19, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #40 of 112
I'm in for sure, any time as long as it's not a Friday night - I work then. I can bring along Grado SR 80s, Ety ER 6is, 5G iPod, Cryo Dock, PA2v2, laptop if needed w/ Alien DAC, and an LDII+

Feb 19, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #41 of 112
Yeah booking a room at the show.... maybe next yr. In the meantime a hotel room is plausible even though i think it would be easier to just grab a study room at one of the college's libraries. I know the library at Metro Guy-Concordia lets you rent out rooms for hours, but you need be a concordia student. So, if any university student wants to find out about that.

But, I guess before the place we should decide the date and then move on from there. SInce I can no longer do a poll, we will just do the following. I will place a set of options in the forms of Weekends in March and April (we can narrow it down to the specific day later). You pick all the weekends that are bad for you (since most people arent really sure whats good, just what weekends they have stuff to do); and then the date with the least number of picks becomes the agreed upon date. And of course you can pick more than one choice.

So here we go:
a. March 2,3,4
b. March 9,10,11
c. March 16,17,18
d. March 23,24,25
e. March 29,30
f. April 6,7,8
g. April 13,14,15
h. April 20,21,22
i. April 27,28,29

I personally cant make it on: b,d.

Oh and for everyone to list what they have (preferbly full name in order to compile a list):
Grado HF-1 Special Edition
Etymotic ER-4S
AKG K271S

Ill try to compile a list of possible antendees, gear, and dates. Then when we decide on a date. We can finalize the antendees with the time. Then the location can be decided. And then the final cans count can be made.

Feb 19, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #42 of 112
I can't make it a, b, d, e.

The gear I'll bring:

Grado sr325i
Pratical Devices XM4
MisterX Pint
AKG K81DJ (maybe some haven't tried it yet
biggrin.gif
)

Maybe I'll get my new gear until then.

I think F (6-7-8 of april) would me perfect since a lot of people are on vacation the 6th.

Laurent

Feb 20, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #43 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't make it a, b, d, e.

The gear I'll bring:

Grado sr325i
Pratical Devices XM4
MisterX Pint
AKG K81DJ (maybe some haven't tried it yet
biggrin.gif
)

Maybe I'll get my new gear until then.

I think F (6-7-8 of april) would me perfect since a lot of people are on vacation the 6th.

Laurent

I havent heard those AKG!

Feb 20, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #44 of 112
I can't make it c or f...too many term papers around those weekends. as for what I can bring, see a previous post - basically what's in my sig

Feb 20, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #45 of 112
I can't make it to b,c,d,f ( but I'm available 1/3 of the time in these dates).
I can't tell after april 7, I don't have my work schedule for these times yet.

I'll bring :

Grado SR-200 (Depends If I find one)
or Alessandro MS-2 ( If I don't find the other )
Westone 3 (Not 100% sure again)
Alien DAC
Portaphile V2^2 Maxxed
Iriver H140 40GB
[AK]Zip custom mini-mini interconnect

Stuff I'll bring but not worth putting in your list :

HD414 pads
Custom 12-15v power supply treads.
Couple favorites cds of my own

I'll keep you updated Chef Medeski if I got new stuff or got rid of some.

Julien

Users who are viewing this thread

Back