Small Montreal Mini-Meet to celebrate SPRING!
Feb 15, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #16 of 112
I'm definitely game for this! I can offer anything in my sig, most notably the LDII+, SR80, ER6i, PA2v2, Cryo Dock, horrible French, etc. I live right downtown, near McGill, so I can also offer my apartment if we want to do it a little more exclusive - though it is a little tiny. I love this idea! The only days I really can't make it are Tuesdays and Fridays since I have class all day and work basically until 3am.

Feb 15, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #17 of 112
Hmm, near McGill could be fun! I'm totally clueless in terms of Montreal and driving. The last time I was in Montreal it was Dorval really...I was at Pfizer and um...yeah, driving in Montreal + Zanth = total chaos without awesome directions.

Also, I'm likely heading to McGill in 2 years for medical school so being close by just to check out the campus would be cool.

Feb 15, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #18 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, near McGill could be fun! I'm totally clueless in terms of Montreal and driving. The last time I was in Montreal it was Dorval really...I was at Pfizer and um...yeah, driving in Montreal + Zanth = total chaos without awesome directions.

Also, I'm likely heading to McGill in 2 years for medical school so being close by just to check out the campus would be cool.

Well, I'm a 10 minute walk away, which is really nothing short of a miracle on a day like today... -20 and snowing all day
very_evil_smiley.gif
. Plus, my place is dead easy to find...it's just off St Laurent, the main street for bars, clubs, restaurants, nightlife, etc

Feb 15, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #19 of 112
An HE90? That's bad... bad news. I'm genuinely frightened now.
evil_smiley.gif

There is another possibility. If it's on a weekend I may have access to one of the big rooms at work (south downtown) we could use. It's an old office that we don't use anymore. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Otherwise, with the amount of gear that could be showing up it would definitely be better to have something somewhat exclusive. We would certainly be drawing a lot of attention in public.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll definitely bring my K1000 / F1 clone and DA10. Is there any point in bringing my Grados or GL?

Feb 15, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #20 of 112
That's terrific Nightfire. I've just received a pair of AlienDac boards to start on. No parts ordered yet.

Sennheiser have still not responded. I called again just now. We'll have to wait and wait and see.

Perhaps I'll catch them at a better moment.

I'm still interested, but out of town.

Marc

Feb 18, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #21 of 112
Quote:

WOW! I had no idea you were in Montreal!! I'm in Ottawa. I'm not sure I can make this meet, it will depend on the weekend (is there a date set?) but I would love to venture out and could do so with enough warning (I'm a grad student with a freaked up schedule...oh and a wife and 2 kids <=2.

I could bring the GS-1000's, PS-1's, RS-1's, and with permissin, the L3000's that are on loan to me. Also, if it is some time in March...I could have the R10's by then too. I won't bring any amps though...just too much trouble.

Yup moved up couple months back. But no date set. As this is getting more serious, I guess we should mull over some dates. I say we go for a March Weekend. Let it thaw out a bit. I cant do the second and second to last weekend in March. But anyones else Im up for it. I really like Friday afternoons/nights. Saturdays are alright, but Friday is a lot easier cause of the train/bus schedule. I live way out in West Island, so getting downtown takes some planning.

Maybe we should grab a headcount to determine a good place to meet up. I guess a part list too. After seeing what others god, I'm afraid my meager lot isnt really much. HF-1, Etys ER-4S, and a Tomahawk. Im looking to getting in a pair of closed headphones. So, hopefully Ill have another headphone to compare. And if we do it late enough I might have a pair of Westone 3s.

Feb 18, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #22 of 112
Quote:

Anywhere downtown is pretty much close to McGill. Maybe not by walking but....

Feb 18, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #24 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ditto on that pair of westone 3... maybe I'm gonna buy it, if not I'm gonna try your pair and then buy it lol.

Sweet if I dont have mine I can try yours. Did you pre-order already?

Feb 18, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #25 of 112
Nope, waiting for the ''possible'' head-fi special price. If not, I'll pre-order them like 4-5 days before the release at american techpushers ( Free Canadian shipping ). In the mean time, I still have to buy me a bass amp, a bass cab and some vintage Grados, maybe a recable too.

I'll sure have my little portable/transportable poor's man micro stack ready too if somebody can bring a laptop (Alien DAC/Portaphile V2^2 Maxxed).

Feb 18, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #26 of 112
Quote:

Nope, waiting for the ''possible'' head-fi special price. If not, I'll pre-order them like 4-5 days before the release at american techpushers ( Free Canadian shipping ). In the mean time, I still have to buy me a bass amp, a bass cab and some vintage Grados, maybe a recable too.

I'll sure have my little portable/transportable poor's man micro stack ready too if somebody can bring a laptop (Alien DAC/Portaphile V2^2 Maxxed).

I can bring my Apple, I got tons of Lossless music. I can even shove some more on a external disc. Ive got Jazz/rock/funk/classical.... pretty much anything anyone would want.

Me personally am waiting for pricing/availability of the custom edition to see if its worth it. I might just go for customs on my Etys if I dont have the money.
tongue.gif

Well see how the rest of the winter treats me financially.

Feb 18, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #27 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef medeski
Well see how the rest of the winter treats me financially.

Sad to see you're selling your tomahawk!

Quote:

Me personally am waiting for pricing/availability of the custom edition to see if its worth it.

If I remember well, they will be around $700-800 US and they will be available in the last 3-4 months of the year.

Feb 18, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #28 of 112
Quote:

Sad to see you're selling your tomahawk!

If I remember well, they will be around $700-800 US and they will be available in the last 3-4 months of the year.

Yeah... well its sadder to see it sit around. If you want it I can get you a good deal.
wink.gif

Ohh really last 3-4 months of the year.... hmm... Maybe Ill just get customs for my Etys and then keep the molds so down the road I just have to send the molds back in and get customs instead of going to the doctor again.

Feb 18, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #29 of 112
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by killercrush

Yeah... well its sadder to see it sit around. If you want it I can get you a good deal.

Ohh really last 3-4 months of the year.... hmm... Maybe Ill just get customs for my Etys and then keep the molds so down the road I just have to send the molds back in and get customs instead of going to the doctor again.

Sorry for the mistake but I don't know when these will be available, I tought I saw it in the westone 3 thread but I was wrong. Just ask him. I really do think they'll come out this year...

As for the molds, I don't know if you can keep these things for 7-8 months... Powderhound23 said that Westone keep them in records for 2 months, assuming you'll be getting the Westone non-sound bore molds.

Haha, thank you for offering me a Tomahawk but I really don't need it, as you know I just got myself a lovely Portaphile.

Feb 18, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #30 of 112
Damn I just saw this thread.

I study in Sherbrooke and live in Laval but I could meet.

I got a MisterX Pint, Pratical Devices XM4, Grado 325i (HD414 pads) and I could bring a friend of mine.

Tell me when!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back