Small Montreal Mini-Meet to celebrate SPRING!
Jan 18, 2007 at 5:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 112

Chef Medeski

1000+ Head-Fier
"Cozy up to warm, luscious music"

So, Ive seen a couple people here there from Montreal. Anyone for a mini or micro meet. Just on afternoon at a restaurant or cafe to try some stuff out. Probably would have to stick to the portable stuff. But I know Canada is a hard place to get headphone stuff too so its even more important to try to test stuff out before you buy. I'm sure there is some people interested. I can offer a almost burned in Tomahawk. Grado HF-1. Wesone UM2s. My theory on life.

I guess this will have to be a bi-lingual session too. I wonder if there is a french verion of Head-fi floating around....
confused.gif
confused.gif

Well either way. Who is up for one?

EDIT:
Go to Page 3 for an update on possible weekends and news of the meet.

Jan 18, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #2 of 112
Haha ! that would be really nice !

Un ptit meet ben sympa dans un café !

But all I've got for now is a pair of Sennheiser HD25-1 with a HD650 cable.

J'adorerais entendre une paire de Grado HF-1 !

So I guess I'm in but as I've said before I don't have that much stuff but I plan to purchase an amp with maybe an Iriver h140.

That would be great !

Julien

Jan 18, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #3 of 112
Well I have a coffeegeek meet on jan 26th. Not sure if coffee and headphones mix well but if you want to taste great coffee your welcome to drop by Caffe Art Java downtown President-Kennedy corner University

http://www.coffeegeek.com/forums/wor...daeast/245211?

If there is any interest I might be convince to bring my DCP-150 and the Beyer DT990 maybe even the LD2++ but then it's supposed to be about coffee. So maybe an other time would be better but why not share (with bunch strangers who will wonder who the hell are those weirdo with headphones and what they are doing at our coffee meet
very_evil_smiley.gif
Just kidding ) . I'll be bringing all my coffee stuff (Hario Nouveau Vacpot, aeropress and Modified Home Roasting machine.)

Jan 18, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But all I've got for now is a pair of Sennheiser HD25-1 with a HD650 cable.

J'adorerais entendre une paire de Grado HF-1 !

Id love to try out a Sennheiser and Beyer. Been look for closed cans so...

I dont think I can make it on a Monday. My classes are packed on that day. Maybe Wed, Fri, or a weekend for me.

Jan 21, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #5 of 112
You can add my name to the list, but I'll have to drive down from Ottawa, so may depend upon weather a bit. I'm also job hunting - which will need to come first.
frown.gif
biggrin.gif
Haha. No really!

There's another who was interested. I'll search and PM him. [edit : Message sent]

I can bring Grado225's, little else is easily portable. Computer as source mostly, emu1212M. Still living with PCDP. Lots of breadboarded tinkering going on.
evil_smiley.gif

Edit2: I wonder if Sennheiser might be able to help us out. I'll call them on Monday. They're in Pointe Claire.

Thanks
Marc

Jan 26, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #6 of 112
Sounds interesting. I can haul along my K1000s, DA10 and my F1 clone as well, if anyone's interested.
icon10.gif

Might look like a freak with all that equipment set up though. Is there any more exclusive location we could meet?

I have a friend who might be interested as well (not from head-fi). He's more into speakers but has some beyers.

*edit* I know there's more montrealers on here too..

Jan 26, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #8 of 112
It would be nice if we could find someone who could bring some electrostats!
cool.gif

Jan 26, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #9 of 112
im interested =)

Jan 26, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #10 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im interested =)

Ooooooooooo... very nice. Would you be able to haul your es-1 & o2's with you? I'm considering an electrostatic setup for work. Never heard anything electrostatic before.

I'll have my K1000 + F1 there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #12 of 112
Any news so far from Sennheiser?

My gear has changed sinced my last post... I've sold my Sennheiser HD25 and I bought an Alien DAC, A fully burned-in Portaphile V2^2 Maxxed, A custom mini-mini by [AK]Zip and a pair of Alessandro MS-2 with HD414 pads.

I can bring all that to the meet, maybe not the alien dac cause I don't think there will be any laptops.

Nightfire, could you bring your Grado sr325i too so I can compare them with my MS-2 ?
DanT, could you also bring your akg k-240 Sextett? I would love to hear this classic.

We also need to find a quiet place for the meet...

Can't wait to hear either a K1000 or an Omega II!

Julien

Feb 15, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #13 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Medeski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Cozy up to warm, luscious music"

So, Ive seen a couple people here there from Montreal. Anyone for a mini or micro meet. Just on afternoon at a restaurant or cafe to try some stuff out. Probably would have to stick to the portable stuff. But I know Canada is a hard place to get headphone stuff too so its even more important to try to test stuff out before you buy. I'm sure there is some people interested. I can offer a almost burned in Tomahawk. Grado HF-1. Wesone UM2s. My theory on life.

I guess this will have to be a bi-lingual session too. I wonder if there is a french verion of Head-fi floating around....
confused.gif
confused.gif

Well either way. Who is up for one?

WOW! I had no idea you were in Montreal!! I'm in Ottawa. I'm not sure I can make this meet, it will depend on the weekend (is there a date set?) but I would love to venture out and could do so with enough warning (I'm a grad student with a freaked up schedule...oh and a wife and 2 kids <=2.

I could bring the GS-1000's, PS-1's, RS-1's, and with permissin, the L3000's that are on loan to me. Also, if it is some time in March...I could have the R10's by then too. I won't bring any amps though...just too much trouble.

Feb 15, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #14 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by zanth
(is there a date set?)

Not yet !
confused.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by zanth
I could bring the GS-1000's, PS-1's, RS-1's, and with permissin, the L3000's that are on loan to me. Also, if it is some time in March...I could have the R10's by then too. I won't bring any amps though...just too much trouble.

Hmmm, If you could come, I think we would have almost all the best cans except HP2(wich you had b4...), Omega I, Baby Oprheus and THE ORPHEUS.

We would need a decent source and a decent amp for these. I know you can't bring your Melos but I would kill to hear your's fully modded, does it still have the CBS/Hytron 7318's ?

I would LOVE to hear PS-1/L3000 bass qualities!

This is not good for my 18yrs old wallet
frown.gif
, really not !!! haha

Feb 15, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #15 of 112
Hmmm, I guess, depending on where it was, when it was and the number of folks...I would consider bringing the Ear HP4 and the Melos (with 7318's). I could maybe swing the HE90's too, but not the amp...we would need an adapter for a Stax amp at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back