Small, Light, Circumaural, Portable
Mar 31, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Easy, c-Jays with the large pads. I think they fit all the criteria now that the price is down to $79 at SoundEarphones. Foldable, under $100, light, circumaural, not really isolating. FrederikS compared them to an SR60 in his review on TechPowerUp but only said they are a bit more balanced than the Grado. Maybe shoot him a PM for confirmation/more info on how much they actually sound like a Grado.

techPowerUp :: Jays c-Jays Headphones Review :: Page 1 / 4

Thanks for this. in a strange twist, the uk reseller of Jays is a 2 minute drive from my house! I will have a look at these babies!

Mar 31, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Easy, c-Jays with the large pads. I think they fit all the criteria now that the price is down to $79 at SoundEarphones. Foldable, under $100, light, circumaural, not really isolating. FrederikS compared them to an SR60 in his review on TechPowerUp but only said they are a bit more balanced than the Grado. Maybe shoot him a PM for confirmation/more info on how much they actually sound like a Grado.

techPowerUp :: Jays c-Jays Headphones Review :: Page 1 / 4

I'll concur with this rec. Make sure you give them a thorough burn-in though. They really benefit from the loosening up. Much more comfortable than the Grado's. I've had mine for about a month and they have really grown on me in that time.

Mar 31, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by akki007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did say they were a sample of style only!

I'm going for the ES7s. Super, circum, whatever they are, that's what Im getting!

I own the ES7 and I recommend the headband mod, because the clamping force is a bit too much for extended periods of listening. It also makes the headband look better
smily_headphones1.gif
And they are supraaural, unless you have small ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back