small ears - recommended IEMs or earbuds
Nov 20, 2005 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

zip22

1000+ Head-Fier
i need some IEMs or earbuds to give as a christmas present to someone who has small ears. any reccomendations? she wants IEMs or earbuds so she can listen with a winter hat on.

Nov 20, 2005 at 9:13 PM Post #2 of 10
I like the Er6i, although the Er6 look smaller. I haven't tried the ER6, I do know that the E2c is kind of uncomfortable to me.
etysmile.gif

Nov 20, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 10
Price range?. Also, the size of the ear canal has nothing to do with the size of the ear. However, there are some tricks
smily_headphones1.gif
I use my etymotics ER4P withsome extra-flexible tips for shure IEMs (E1,E3&E5) that can be purchased in sizes small, medium and large, and are VERY soft. I use the small ones, and I can tell you my ears are not tiny
smily_headphones1.gif
It just helps with the uncomfort caused by sticking something deep into your ear canal.

Nov 20, 2005 at 10:34 PM Post #4 of 10
price range would probably be <$100

her ears and her ear canal are both pretty small. i have the er-6i, and she has tried it, but not extensively. i'll have her give them another try, and try and figure out if they'll work for her. i was curious about the sony ex-71 or ex-51 anyone with small ears use those?

Nov 21, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #7 of 10
beware, if your canal is really really small, you'd have problem getting some universal IEM tips to fit. My gal's canal is seriously small and the smallest tip on the ety's triflange barely fits in.

Nov 21, 2005 at 8:01 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22
price range would probably be <$100

her ears and her ear canal are both pretty small. i have the er-6i, and she has tried it, but not extensively. i'll have her give them another try, and try and figure out if they'll work for her. i was curious about the sony ex-71 or ex-51 anyone with small ears use those?

I have small ears. No regular earbuds are comfortable for me, but included S size on ex71/51 work great. You could buy the pink, blue, or white version of EX51 as a present
biggrin.gif
. Not too expensive, and the bass is fun. Fairly low profile and small driver size, so a beanie would work just fine. Probably the most comfortable in-earphone.

Nov 22, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
I have small ears. No regular earbuds are comfortable for me, but included S size on ex71/51 work great. You could buy the pink, blue, or white version of EX51 as a present
biggrin.gif
. Not too expensive, and the bass is fun. Fairly low profile and small driver size, so a beanie would work just fine. Probably the most comfortable in-earphone.

excellent, thats exactly what i was looking for. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back