Small, cheap, internal amplified bookshelf.
Apr 19, 2009 at 8:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

^adm^

100+ Head-Fier
hi guys,

I am searching a bookshelf or any speaker solution that make me put my 5.1 logicrap speakers aside. I am very tight on budget now so lower the price better... I wrote small to the topic because there is not much option in Turkey (no swans seller here) so i would pick it overseas.

Thanks

Apr 19, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ^adm^ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi guys,

I am searching a bookshelf or any speaker solution that make me put my 5.1 logicrap speakers aside. I am very tight on budget now so lower the price better... I wrote small to the topic because there is not much option in Turkey (no swans seller here) so i would pick it overseas.

Thanks

How about these?
M1Active 320 USB
They are small, active, powered by USB, and have a flat response, maybe a little bit low in the bass, but thats what you can expect for the size..

Apr 20, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #6 of 9
I've just bought a pair of AudioEngine A2 for desktop use at work. The are excellent for this application. Great sound even at low to moderate volume levels. Good imaging and clariy. A huge step up from the basic computer/desktop speakers I'd been using before.

They list for $199, but shipping was free and I found a 10% off coupon code. They may have European distribution.

Apr 20, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #7 of 9
I'd go with the Audioengine A2 as well
smily_headphones1.gif
I've had mine well over a year, they are unbelievably good despite their small size!

Google and read some reviews

Apr 22, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #8 of 9
+1 to the A2s, I got mine last month and loved them. They are very affordable at their price and extreme good valued considering the quality you get. I have mine hooked to my DAC1 Pre and they are great. I am mostly a headphone listener, but the A2 serves its purpose extremely well when I want to play some music with speakers.

Apr 22, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by keihin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Good imaging and clariy...

If you think they image well standing on the desk, try to elevate them with a pile of books or something. When you get them off the desk and up to ear level you'll be in image heaven
tongue_smile.gif
I've used mine on a pile of CD's, been hunting like mad for a decent desktop stand. Just recently found the exact type I was dreaming of, hopefully the stands will be delivered by the postman on Friday
tongue.gif

This is what I got, cost about $15, made of solid MDF and about 10,5" in height (perfect for me!)
Attachment 16279

Users who are viewing this thread

Back