Small Amp For Ipod Mini
Apr 12, 2015 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

neosoul

Formerly known as marvelousmarvyd
Hello All,
I’m in the market for a small amp the size and dimensions of my ipod mini. I know there is the Topping NX1 and 2, and the pico slim. Are there any others out there that are along the ipod mini dimensions? Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #2 of 5
Hello All,
I’m in the market for a small amp the size and dimensions of my ipod mini. I know there is the Topping NX1 and 2, and the pico slim. Are there any others out there that are along the ipod mini dimensions? Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

A couple of the Fiio models are probably worth looking at. There's the E6 and, though considered an "aging toy", the E1. The latter being interesting for the fact that it combines LOD and amp in a single cable and is powered by the iPod.

Out of curiosity, what phones are you trying to drive?

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 5
right now I have a pair of reshelled tf10 and sonys mdr-v55. seriously considering the oppo p-3. The e1 is interesting but not sure about it being powerful enough for the oppos

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #4 of 5
right now I have a pair of reshelled tf10 and sonys mdr-v55. seriously considering the oppo p-3. The e1 is interesting but not sure about it being powerful enough for the oppos

I'm not sure about the E1's power either, to be honest; I mostly drive IEMs with it. I figured that, for the price, it couldn't be too ba and introductory amp.

The consensus around here seems to be the Topping NX1 (which will probably be my next amp).

Whatever you do, definitely get a LOD cable and amp the line out. It more than makes up for any shortcomings the built-in headphone amp has.

Apr 15, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #5 of 5
well I still have my lod from when I owned the tomahawk. So far it looks like I will be picking up a nx1 or 2 unless I find or hear of something that will be coming out soon that will fit the ipod mini dimensions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back