SM3 double flange size
Dec 1, 2011 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

KraftD1

100+ Head-Fier
I have the SM3 V1 and they came with a large and small set of double flange tips.  The large one fit perfectly.  I wanted to get a few extra pairs, and only 1 universal size is now available, does anyone know if it is the same as the old large? 

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #4 of 8
If it's of any help, I use the double flanges (new) in my V2's (mostly because I'm scared of breaking them with olives like I did last time) and I typically use med-large tips. There's always the Comply solution and the sensaphonics. Once I dremmel a couple of olives I'll be using those . Need the isolation. 

Dec 10, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks.  I didn't have internet at home for a week, so it's taken a while to respond.  Sounds like the new double flanges might work if comparable to a med-large, if not I'll got the the sensaphonics. 

Dec 10, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #6 of 8
No problem ! 
wink_face.gif
 Sounds like my inlaws in the hinter lands 

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #7 of 8
I received the replacement universal tips from Earsonics yesterday and they are identical to the old ones, except the stem is 1-2 mm longer for a deeper fit I assume.  Snipped them down to the size of the old ones and they work great.

EDIT: Just wanted to mention that the bore of the hole is a bit larger on the replacements vs. the originals, so not "identical", but that difference is mentioned on the earsonics page.

Dec 31, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #8 of 8
congrats ! Glad they work for you. I noticed the V2's being out of the ear canal a bit more than I remember the V1's being (which is a good thing for my fit). Not quite Shure 530 territory, but out there. That's good because it means I can  use olives if I need to or short comply. Surprised they changed the eartips but they work for me. I'm pretty happy with the double flange silicone though, and I usually hate silicone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back