SM-3 Price!?
Jun 15, 2005 at 11:55 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
Even though that's essentially what he did. AD829A really costs him nothing over NE5534 (maybe $5?).

I really like xin's amp, but Xin really ought to sit on his hands for three months and let his product sell itself. These constant changes frustrate potential buyers and exhausts their interest.

-Matt

I really agree with this. I have ordered the SM on Monday only to find that
the default opamp has changed to one which it appears only Xin has heard....

Dean

Jun 15, 2005 at 12:42 PM Post #17 of 19
The default amp appears to be in class A, which for sound is the way to go. The lite version would be like the V2 except it had two buffers per channel but other than that it sounds very good.

John

Jun 15, 2005 at 2:04 PM Post #18 of 19
As a noob (and having recently purchased, but not yet received, an SM3), these new updates between the Std and Lite versions are a little confusing (besides the 4 switches, of course).

So what exactly are the advantages beyond extended battery life of having 2x buffers (over 1x), 4000 uF caps (over 2000 uF caps), and a 4-layer PCB board (over 2-layer)?

Jun 20, 2005 at 5:58 PM Post #19 of 19
Alittle off the subject but I just got my SMv3 in and I think it is great. I had maybe 3 or 4 emails to Xin about different topics involving the amp and even some with headphone suggestions. It usually took few a few days to get back to me. But he did and gave full and unbiased answers. I also was luckily to have order my amp before the $350 price change. But I get the switches anyway. So I am very happy with the product and the service.

-Chris

Actually I have my A900s on at work with the amp and bass switch on.
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back