Slowly becoming Audiophile, need player to help!
Nov 26, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by BassThor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stupid chrome gave me an error, and a double post T_T''

A mod, please delete this post.

it's not just chrome. firefox, opera, and safari do the same thing. i think, rather, that it has to do with the server.

There are performance differences between LODs, but unless your is thrown together, I would not recommending putting a lot of money into it.

Nov 26, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

On what size screen/pixel resoultion? That DAP image is larger than my hand.

I just measured that Fuze image opened up one click and it is 1/2 inch longer than actual.

Definitely the Fuze is close to five fingers long and the amp connectors stick out a little beyond that.

Unit fits into the palm of my hand quite nicely while walking,I really like the NuForce amp>Fuze combo for out and about stuff!

O.K.,I resized it to actual size:
2009-11-26_150756.jpg

Nov 27, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #19 of 26
I had a lot of trouble deciding what kind of rig to set up when I first got into the portable audiophile game.

For someone who is just starting out, and using IEMS, the difference between LOD and run-of-the-mill analog is almost nil. I have owned (in no particular order) several iPods, a Zune, and a Fuze. And the Fuze beats them all.

With an iPod you need iTunes (*barf*) and with Zune you need, well, Zune. The Fuze is simple drag and drop to add music. It also lets you hotswap flash cards, which I find to be EXTREMELY handy. It also has excellent sound quality and great battery life. And in the end, the thing is DIRT CHEAP, leaving you with more money to spend on IEMs and Amps.

As for the NuForce Icon Mobile amp, you are not going to find a better starter amp/dac at that price. It has very good sound quality the dac does its job beautifully, and once again, has a gain setting specifically for IEMs. The battery also has a ridiculously long life.

My advice for now is there will be time later to go crazy with upgrades, mods and tweaks. Start with a solid base and build from there, you will be glad you did.

Nov 28, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #20 of 26
Thanks oddity

That is defiantly what my setup is going to be, but now I'm stuck between headphones.

I see you have Grado's and I'm thinking about the SR225i's. Would those be good for a portable setup?

If not, I'm going with the ER-4P's

Nov 28, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinnipeds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to say here that I could never tell the difference between FLAC and mp3 at 320kbps (maybe lower) so I don't care what format the player (what other formats are there besides mp3?) is. I just want the very best of what it is.

As you listen more and your ears get trained to enjoy the sound, I think you will start to hear differences, especially as your equipment improves. On lower end stuff I could never hear diffs, but for what I have now, the differences between 128, 356 and lossless are striking. Watch out for your wallet!

Nov 28, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #22 of 26
I am going to vouch for the er4p, as I feel it is much more versatile (it has quality to be used at home, and isolates well for portable). Note that I am sitting here with a stupid grin on my face listening to my pair.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Nkk

Nov 28, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #23 of 26
I used dBpoweramp Reference to rip 15 songs from 10 different CD albums.

Using uncompressed WAVE encoder settings [as source] >> lossless CD quality at 16-bit 44.1 kHz.

The folder is 671 MB for 15 song files!

A full CD album rip of 17 songs plus one front album cover .jpg was 743 MB.

Bought an 8 gig microSD card today,still must choose the songs wisely but they sound as perfect as can be!

Might as well start ripping your music right,as you upgrade you will notice changes coming from the music you play.

On the PC,I play them at 24 bit 96 kHz,upsampled,just because I can but man,does that ever increase the file size.

The same 15 song compilation is 2.85 GB but you can crank it right over and it all sounds so good.

Nov 28, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #24 of 26
I remember seeing somewhere in the sale forums someone was selling an Amp3 with the proceeds going to charity. That's a nice way to start.

Nov 28, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armaegis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember seeing somewhere in the sale forums someone was selling an Amp3 with the proceeds going to charity. That's a nice way to start.

I really wanted an Amp3, but I suck at assembly.

I'll check this out!

Thanks!

Nov 29, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinnipeds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really wanted an Amp3, but I suck at assembly.

I'll check this out!

Thanks!

Oh, I'm thinking about the wrong thing

The Amp3 looks great anyways though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back