Slow Sennheiser Shipping
Apr 10, 2010 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Crazy*Carl

500+ Head-Fier
I ordered my an HD650 replacement cable for my HD580 since my old one broke on the right side. It has been almost two weeks, and they still have not shipped it. I even paid for 2 day shipping. Is this common with Sennheiser? I emailed them a week ago and they said it would ship this week, but still no invoice for it.

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 32
May I ask why you ordered the 650 cable from Sennheiser?? Was the cable under warranty??? I'm asking because several online music/equipment stores sell the replacement cable, like music direct, elusive disc, probably head room....I'm sure you'd have it by now if you ordered it from someone other then the manufacturer.....This is just MO

Apr 11, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #3 of 32
I've ordered that cable twice from Senn and every time it took no more than 2 days to Chicago. Definitely call to check if it is back ordered.

Apr 11, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #4 of 32
I ordered one too on 4/1. Called the following Tuesday. "It's backordered, should be shipped today or tomorrow". Thanks for the head's up
confused.gif
. Would not have known if I didn't call. Haven't got a shipping email yet. So to me it is just sitting there. Who knows?

Apr 11, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9pintube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I ask why you ordered the 650 cable from Sennheiser?? Was the cable under warranty??? I'm asking because several online music/equipment stores sell the replacement cable, like music direct, elusive disc, probably head room....I'm sure you'd have it by now if you ordered it from someone other then the manufacturer.....This is just MO

I got the headphones used, so I have no idea about any warrenties. I didn't really think that there would be a large delay, so I saw no reason not to order it from them. Plus the price was much cheaper than ebay.

Well, that was a mistake...
mad.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #6 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered one too on 4/1. Called the following Tuesday. "It's backordered, should be shipped today or tomorrow". Thanks for the head's up
confused.gif
. Would not have known if I didn't call. Haven't got a shipping email yet. So to me it is just sitting there. Who knows?

I ordered it March 28, gonna give them a call Monday. In the same boat as you
frown.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #7 of 32
No email or Message of Backorder initiated by them. Rookie move on their part. Some sort of status would be really appreciated on the order.

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy*Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the headphones used, so I have no idea about any warrenties. I didn't really think that there would be a large delay, so I saw no reason not to order it from them. Plus the price was much cheaper than ebay.

Well, that was a mistake...
mad.gif

Crazy Carl, you'll get them, don't worry.....If I may ask what does a replacement cable cost???? PS, is that your only head phone that you can listen to, while you're waiting ????I hope not........I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and big papa.....

Apr 11, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #10 of 32
How odd you didn't get them. I live in Milwaukee, WI and got my cables within a few days of ordering. One possibility is your order did not complete properly. Check to see if you got charged.

Apr 11, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How odd you didn't get them. I live in Milwaukee, WI and got my cables within a few days of ordering. One possibility is your order did not complete properly. Check to see if you got charged.

I already contacted them a week ago and they said my order was due to ship this past week.

Apr 11, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #12 of 32
Hrm most odd that it has yet to ship. Perhaps they have been busy? I doubt it's that they are busy.

Tell you what though, I have some HD650 cables coming and if you want I can send you one if yours does not arrive soon.

Hell I can even send you my HD600 cable if you want.

Apr 11, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hrm most odd that it has yet to ship. Perhaps they have been busy? I doubt it's that they are busy.

Tell you what though, I have some HD650 cables coming and if you want I can send you one if yours does not arrive soon.

Hell I can even send you my HD600 cable if you want.

Thanks, I might take you up on that offer if something goes wrong
regular_smile .gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #14 of 32
"2 day shipping" mean that it should arrive at the receiver within two days (48 hours) from being shipped out, right?
So since it has not been shipped out yet then Sennheiser have not broken the deal . . .

Anyway, guess it is time to call them again.

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #15 of 32
I have ordered some parts from Sennheiser before. They usually ship right away and does not take long. I have received the HD650 cable within a week or so. However, when I ordered headband for HD600, it took ~2 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back