SlimX - How sturdy is it?
Apr 3, 2003 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

audioqueso

100+ Head-Fier
Can someone tell me how sturdy they feel the SlimX-350 is? I'm sorry, but I am not anywhere near a store where I can feel one, and I want one, but I am curious on how sturdy it is?

I have a RioVolt SP50 and it's very nice. Good quality. But the lid has a big problem. It latches, and it doens't open, but it doesn't stay clamped tight enough so whenever the player bounces, the LCD detects it as "OPEN CD" and starts all over. If I hold the CD player and clamp it with my hands, I can hit it against anything, and it doesn't skip. But unfortunately, the lid does not clamp good at all. I can't return it or anything because of where I am at, so I figured I'll get a new one. Besides, I like the idea of a remote and a backlit display.

So with my scenerio as an example, how sturdy is the SlimX 350? Thank you everyone.

Apr 3, 2003 at 7:23 AM Post #2 of 11
It's pretty well built, but i have a few complaints. My lid has a little play i.e. it wiggles when fully closed and the remote is a bit too light and thick. Also, the iMP-400 has a better overall design, aesthetically with molded silver and a polished under lid. I guess these sort of relate to build quality. Hope this helped.

Apr 3, 2003 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 11
Yeah, the 400 does look nice, but I can't seem to see what's so much better for $50+ more.

The 350 looks nice (wish it was a perfect circule though, no big) but I am just concern about the lid closing on securely.

Apr 4, 2003 at 6:25 AM Post #5 of 11
I hear there's no hiss on the 400 on the headphone out... and that in my opinion is worth far over the $50.

It is quite noticeable on my Eggo D66's, but not so on my KSC-35s.

If you have lower impedance phones (hmm.. less than 50 maybe?)
and use the headphone out.. the hiss is quite noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back