SlimDevices Transporter Review
Nov 16, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal
With this can you use digital eq or crossfeed plugins on your computer?

You can actually use a plugin (and a microphone) to do digital room correction.
Search the slimdevices forums for "inguz"

http://forums.slimdevices.com/index.php

edit: no crossfeed that I know of.

Nov 16, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
Your first point is excellent. I find it surprising that even hi-fi mags often don't understand the importnce of strict level matching when comparing components. Without doing it, you end up with useless information. I think that if people took the time to properly level mtch, many of the difference people talk about would simply disappear. People need to realize that you can't level match without an SPL and without level matching you have no idea what you are relly comparing.

I'm keeping both Transporters. The modded one is for the headphone rig b/c I want to use the analog outs. The other one is being modded too, but only the power supply and a few mods to further reduce jitter.

My verdict: When used as a digital transport, it is transparent and does not require mods. I'm modding my other one anyway, but only b/c I like having the peace of mind.

The analog section also sounds very good. Much better than the stock SB3. My modded unit does sound a bit brighter than the stock one, but I haven't had any time under the cans b/c my SDS is sold and my new Singlepower amp hasn't arrived. Personally, I think spening money on the power supply and analog out is worthwhile, however, not necessary to have a great source.

So if i use it as transport its not worth it to upgrade its power supply? Did u compare a TP as transport vs modded sb3 as transport?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back