Slightly confused on Kees Mod...
Jan 24, 2010 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

downsize

Member of the Trade
Tried searching, but after looking at photos I am still a little lost.
Few questions:

Does the carboard disc go in the very back of the earcup behind the driver ?
Or does it go directly behind the driver, leaving a small space behind it and the back of the cup ?

How does this help if the cans are already sealed ?

Is this all there is to doing the Kees mod ?

Thanks much

Jan 24, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #2 of 5
Jan 24, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cardboard disc isn´t part of it I think? That is an old version of the mod I think. I use this one http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5248583-post70.html

But I don´t cover the middle hole it ruins the soundstaging somewhat but sure try it.

Do you dampen the metal driver plate without blocking the middle hole with anything then ?

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #4 of 5
Yup but try it both ways. It´s supposed to reduce sibilance and you may preferr the more forward soundstage you get while plugging it. Also experiment with different layers of cotton wool. But as mentioned make sure that the felt disc aren´t putting pressure on the driver.

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #5 of 5
Oh my god I did the kees mod on my bright 750 pros I just bought from another member and after testing out various mods its perfect! I added an extra felt strip on the 1st and 3rdd holes covering 3/4s of each hole. I also aligned the strips to the speakers grill. It's just what I've been looking for, the bass has the impact I've been expecting from a closed headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back