slic sound ear gels, any good?
May 6, 2005 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

stewtheking

Headphoneus Supremus
After reading on another thread about sensaphonics, I was browsing around on their website when I came across these.
http://www.slicsound.com/home.asp

Do they actually do anything, and if so, are they worth splashing out a tenner or so for?

You guys are the experts... have you tried them?

Stew
etysmile.gif

May 6, 2005 at 12:06 PM Post #5 of 11
I can't imagine them sounding good with any price earbud due to their construction. I tried them with mx500 and one or two other earbuds I had around at the time. You hear the sound through another piece of plastic extending the distance between you and the driver. It sounds like the music is holding its nose.

May 6, 2005 at 12:38 PM Post #6 of 11
also tried them (with several different sets of buds) and to me they semmed to be worthless . . . they may still be in the bottom of a drawer somewhere around here

May 6, 2005 at 2:00 PM Post #7 of 11
ok seeing how the slics are pants are there any other options along those lines. Im pretty happy with my e888's however fiddeling round with them the other day even a small push to the top of the bud of the phone gave such an improvement to the sound it was pretty crazy, i think i must be losing about 6db from 40 - 50 hz down so i started thinking about custom moulded foamies? do they exist? how about latex? or anything?

thanks.

stu

May 6, 2005 at 2:04 PM Post #8 of 11
there are a number of threads around regarding modded tips: Ety 3-flange, Shure super-soft Comfy tips, Hearo's, etc being used on a variety of canalphones and such. Perhaps a search will reveal something that works on the e888's?

May 6, 2005 at 2:53 PM Post #9 of 11
From what I can gather, most of the really lovely flashy expensive moulded jobbies are done by getting your ears moulded at a hearing-aid place, or audiologist, and then fitting some super-spangly drivers into that mould. Maybe a friendly audiologist could do a custom mould and then fit a pair of slightly less ridiculously high-end drivers into them for you.... hmmm...

Stew

P.s. Think I'll be avoiding the slicsound LOL
etysmile.gif

May 6, 2005 at 2:57 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking
From what I can gather, most of the really lovely flashy expensive moulded jobbies are done by getting your ears moulded at a hearing-aid place, or audiologist, and then fitting some super-spangly drivers into that mould.

I admire your mastery of tech-speak
biggrin.gif

Especially the 'super-spangly drivers', they sound so shiny and pretty.
Oh, and are 'jobbies' better than 'do-dads'??

Good idea to avoid them IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back