Sleeping With Headphones On
Mar 16, 2010 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Flag

New Head-Fier
Is this a good or bad idea? I have trouble sleeping and I want to use it to listen to some white noise while I am sleeping. What I'm worried about is that I might turn my head at night and there goes my headphones.

Mar 16, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #5 of 29
You're not looking for SQ so pickup an inexpensive set of buds like the ones you get with an iPod for example.

Mar 16, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #6 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritboxer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're not looking for SQ so pickup an inexpensive set of buds like the ones you get with an iPod for example.

I agree. If you get true IEM's and wear them every night for long periods you might get an ear infection, cheapo iPod buds don't go "into" your ear. Plus since they are cheap it won't matter too much if they don't do the trick for the "lullaby" effect or if they break or too are uncomfortable.

Question: Why not a set of book shelf speakers or an oscillating fan for white noise?

Mar 16, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #7 of 29
I fall asleep quite often with my UE-10's on. They are extremely comfortable so they never bug me at night. The only thing that might wake me up is if I hit play accidentally and TOOL blasts into my ears at 4AM.

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #8 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use my V-MODA vibes to sleep with.Although I usually wake up after a couple of hours and take them out - afraid I might strangle myself

I miss those things when sleeping. Sure, they're muddy, but they were tiny and had a very relaxed sound to fall asleep to.

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could always get a pair of those neck cushions that have headphones in them! I know someone had a nifty Beyer inflatable one.

That was the sickest thing I've ever seen... I want a pillow that I can wear my headphones with, with some kind of hole/depression where the earcups go when I want lay on my side.

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by talleywho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree. If you get true IEM's and wear them every night for long periods you might get an ear infection, cheapo iPod buds don't go "into" your ear. Plus since they are cheap it won't matter too much if they don't do the trick for the "lullaby" effect or if they break or too are uncomfortable.

Question: Why not a set of book shelf speakers or an oscillating fan for white noise?

Well I'm using an iPod app and I like the rain one.

I have the Zune buds, but they go into the ear and that worries me. So I'm thinking about putting on my AD700s at night instead. I might try to find my old iPod earbuds though.

Mar 17, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #12 of 29
I listen to music in bed before sleep pretty much every night. Use some IEMs (see sig) and Zune rests on my stomach. Generally depending on the album I'll be asleep by the 3rd or 4th track. Usually I'll wake up a couple of hours later and remove the phones from my ears.

Mar 17, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #13 of 29
I've fallen asleep a couple of times with headphones on, I didnt like the experience of trying to find everything once I wake up hence I just use my clock radio - put the sleep timer on and fall asleep zzzzzzzzzz

Mar 17, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by talleywho /img/forum/go_quote.gif

gotta agree; why torture yourself? some little bookshelves off craigslist will sound nice and last forever; always good to have lots of speakers; can always use them in any room, anywhere, everyone should have a bundle of boohshselves everywhere; don't think about it too much, don't stress; just go on craigslist and look for any decent brand: polk, paradigm, axiom, energy, athena, or ****; ANYTHING and you can even get a litle super T-amp and a portable cd player or again buy a cd player or dvd player off someone on craigslist for $20; i think the biggest problem with headfi'ers (and i KNOW this is my biggest problem) is that i spend too muich time worrying about whether THIS is better than THAT, or should i buy THIS, or should i not? is it as good as that? is it gonna work in the room? ALL THIS **** IS DETAILS1!!!!!! not important; just extra fluff; the biggest problem is that we worry about this stupid **** and we end up with NOTHING for long times, i know i do, it's stupid; far better to hae decent music than to NOT have perfect music

ALSO, forget teh oscilating fan, they blow; what EVERY PERSON ON THE PLANET EARTH NEEDS is a:

...........................CEILING FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN EVERY ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i swear to god, ceiling fans are the greatest ****ing thing; they kcik the **** out of stand-up fans; yeah, i know it cost a little to get an electrician to put the electrical box in, but ****, it's SOO wroth it. hell, even if you rent, i doubt your landlord would mind if you up the value of the place with a celing fan. JUST DO IT i swear to you you won't regret it. i know i seem like i'm overdoing it, but celing fans are the ****

i bought these ones at home depot for, i kid you not, $20 EACH. they are smallish ones that are white and from china. they're pretty damn good. pretty quiet; good flow, awesome.

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #15 of 29
Just use headphones that cost pocket money and/or some with lifetime warranty. Like ex. a Koss PortaPro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back