Sleeping with ES-10s (on, not with..)
May 12, 2010 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Vergex2

100+ Head-Fier
Would you do it? If I turned a lot, would it break?

How well do they isolate?

I'm asking because my walls isolate like paper and three-four meters away in the adjacent room, my grandfather who is legally deaf wakes up at the most random times at night and is pretty distracting. My grandmother wakes up as a result, and the only way for them to communicate is to raise their voices to a near scream, even despite his hearing aid.

Or maybe I should get custom earplugs from JHA?

http://www.jhaudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=24

They'd also be useful for isolation at times when needed.

May 13, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 5
Haven't had any experience with them, but from the looks of it, it's very solid headphone. If anything were to break, it'd be the headpiece. I'd read over the finer details of the warranty before putting them at risk. 

Earplugs are definitely the more practical solution, although equally uncomfortable. Those customs are definitely better than the throwaway variety. A premium price for premium isolation. Just be happy you don't live in old-style Japanese houses. The walls are literally made from paper.

May 13, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #4 of 5
Standard earplugs are a lot cheaper. Or maybe they sell earmuffs for sleeping somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back