Sleepin' with the headphones on
Feb 28, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #16 of 22
I enjoy listening to music before sleeping, and I find that I hear the most details from music when I lie down with all the lights off. I pesonally recommend something that sound laid-back, and less isolation, easy to wear, easy to take out from your ears, comfortable. That's why I prefer IE8 as my sleeping phones.

Feb 28, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #17 of 22
^
I've found that I can do my best listening during that time. I don't actually sleep with iem's on really. I do it right when I lie on my bed before sleeping and when I get really tired I take them off and put them on the chair next to my bed.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #19 of 22
I honestly can't fathom the idea of laying down in bed and sleeping with any of my IEMs in my ears (even though my RE0s sit flush with my ear), as much as I like the thought of easing myself into sleep with calming music.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #20 of 22
just get some speakers..

play some jazz and poof, enjoyment into sleeping land

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^
I've found that I can do my best listening during that time. I don't actually sleep with iem's on really. I do it right when I lie on my bed before sleeping and when I get really tired I take them off and put them on the chair next to my bed.

For me, I enjoy my before-sleep listening session the most in the first 10-20 minutes, which my brain really gets into a realaxing state. Then I slowly get tired, eventually snooze off. After some 20 minutes, I kind of wake up from the snooze, become aware of my IEM is still on, and get really frustrated because of the 'noise' flowing into my ears that makes me couldn't get a good sleep. In the end I grab them off, unplug them from my iPhone (because I use my iPhone as an alarm too) and just throw them on the table beside my bed
normal_smile .gif

I find that listening music before sleeping sometimes turn my lazy brain into excited state, causing me late to class the next day...

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really, I think this is the danger. It's possible that you might not hear an alarm go off (fire, tornado) or somebody knocking at your door telling you need to evacuate (gas leak or some other situation). I suppose that kind of event is fairly rare in most cases, but it's something to consider. It seems somewhat unlikely that you would physically injure yourself wearing IEMs.

I am more worried about falling down the stairs. We're also always being told that we could be hit by another terrorist attack and that we should be scare. Ha!
I'd think I am more worried about a ear infection than a terrorist attack, honestly.

IEM's, especially customs should be safe to sleep in (bed), unless you are using longer tips and have short ear canals. Plane or bus, they definitely would be safe (can't really sleep on your side).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back