Sleep-friendly IEM?
Dec 23, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #5 of 19
i sleep in my headphones too. trust me you don't want to sleep in expensive ones because you'll roll around and your phones will break. I sleep in skullcandy smokin buds. only 20 bucks. i've been through 4 pairs 1 of which only lasted for a month, and one which lasted a whole year before the right phone gave out.

Dec 23, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #9 of 19
For sleeping, anything that sits flush with your ear and fits over the ear will work. Under $100 (and you don't want to spend over $100 on sleeping IEMs) your options are: soundmagic pl50 ($55), meelectronics M6 ($20), soundmagic pl30 ($25), fisher audio eterna ($65), phonak audeo perfect bass ($90). From there, just choose your preferred sound signature. Personally, if I'm sleeping in them, I'd go with something on the cheaper side, but YYMV.

Dec 23, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #10 of 19
I find turbine copper's to be incredibly sleep-friendly when worn behind and over the ear (IEM's are up-side down). I dont roll much, so it isnt much of a problem to sleep with these on; as long as I find a good resting position.

Dec 23, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #11 of 19

Quote:
i sleep in my headphones too. trust me you don't want to sleep in expensive ones because you'll roll around and your phones will break. I sleep in skullcandy smokin buds. only 20 bucks. i've been through 4 pairs 1 of which only lasted for a month, and one which lasted a whole year before the right phone gave out.

I think I may have just found a legitimate use for my Ink'd Buds. 
etysmile.gif

Hope I'm not threadjacking here, but I've thought about using phones for sleeping but I'll have to figure out what to do with my DAP.  I move around a lot when I sleep, and I'm pretty sure if I just put it in my pocket it'd end up falling out.  What do those of you who use headphones for sleeping usually do with your DAP?

Dec 23, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #12 of 19

Quote:
Quote:

I think I may have just found a legitimate use for my Ink'd Buds. 
etysmile.gif

Hope I'm not threadjacking here, but I've thought about using phones for sleeping but I'll have to figure out what to do with my DAP.  I move around a lot when I sleep, and I'm pretty sure if I just put it in my pocket it'd end up falling out.  What do those of you who use headphones for sleeping usually do with your DAP?

Suspend it from the bedpost
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #14 of 19
If you dont have place to put the dap, buy sansa clip and clip it to your pillow :p

Its not necesssarily for sleeping. Eg. When i lie down on my couch after house work.. And i always put the volume to half the normal listening and use the sleep feature

Is the re0 comfortable enough for this? 

Dec 23, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #15 of 19

Quote:
You shouldn't be sleeping to music. As you sleep (and shortly before) the canal relaxes and you are more prone to hearing damage.

You're right, although when I sleep with music, its more of a nap. I dont think I've fallen asleep with music for longer than 2 hours anyway. I'm assuming OP, like me, simply likes to nod off with some tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back