Sleek wireless kit / impact on SA6 sound signature
Jan 8, 2009 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

s_nyc

100+ Head-Fier
I am still debating the pro and cons of piercing my pair of SA6's bass + ports (new model) in order to enhance their bass response.

It seems that another way to do so would be to pair the SA6 with the Kleer W1 wireless kit, which preamp would allegedly act as a bass booster.

Two quick questions for those of you who have bought the W1:

- Is the above correct?

- Does using the W1 change the sound signature of the SA6 in any undesirable manner (e.g. loss of clarity, detail, overpowering bass, need to use EQ and bass = or - port to correct this, etc.)

Many thx

Jan 8, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 7
i dont think piercing the new bass port helps this time around. i did it once and i felt there was more bass quantity, however over time it turned out that it was all psychological.

Jan 8, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by |Fred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not allegedly ... really

to give you an idea the W1 give the same kind of boost you get from bass= to bass+²

Seems nice - are the mids/highs affected by this?

Jan 8, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont think piercing the new bass port helps this time around. i did it once and i felt there was more bass quantity, however over time it turned out that it was all psychological.

Interesting. Another head-fier (hope her forgives me for forgeting his name) claims that this makes a big change. This was on the "returning my SA6" thread.

Jan 8, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Often the case of many things related to audio.

Jan 10, 2009 at 9:32 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by s_nyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems nice - are the mids/highs affected by this?

highs get rolled off with the W1 , using the trebble + or ++ depending of your original setting will set thing strait.

mids, not really affected , no more that bass + old vs bass+ new. in other words lower mids up to 300hz (give or take) feels fuller.

the W1 gives low mid / high bassrender that's in the spirit is westone UM2ish, while the cable gives a render that in the spirit is Klipsh Custom3'ish

I my self prefer the cable but people into rock music or the one who find SA6 to sober, usually love the fuller W1 signature

Users who are viewing this thread

Back