Sleek SA6
Oct 20, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #1,321 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one thing i really noticed after the bass + pinhole mod was that the sound seem very separated. the bass and more warm sound seem more oriented toward the left ear, while the mids and highs seem more oriented toward the right ear. in addition, it seems like more music seems to be coming out of the left ear. is this right?

This is not typical. If you weren't getting any left-right bias issues before the mod, my guess is one of the holes you made is bigger than the other.

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #1,322 of 1,423
well i would assume that, however i decide to make sure by switching the bass ports between the two to make sure. the left earpiece still seem louder and more dominant

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #1,324 of 1,423
What pseudohippy said makes sense. Can you try using a set of unmodified ports (the bass=, for example) to see if those have the same issue?

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #1,326 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me it sounds like you are getting a better seal on one side then the other. The warmer sound is a good seal and the higher pitch sound is a bad seal. Just guessing though.

I'd echo these sentiments also. Ensure you're achievin solid seals in each ear.

Oct 21, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #1,327 of 1,423
Just wondering if anyone has a pair of SA6 and can compare them to the Livewires since I've decided to get customs now that I have spare cash lying around.

Oct 21, 2008 at 9:22 AM Post #1,328 of 1,423
i havent had much time to really play with these when it came to finding out why the sound is distinctive in each. currently i'm using the klipsch image silicon tips on them, which made me realize that i was not finding a good fitment with the double flinge tips. what size do you guys normally use for tips? i normally use large for stuff like v-moda vibes and the klipsch image, however i know that the shure large are a bit too large and uncomfortable.

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #1,329 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by berniebennybernard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wondering if anyone has a pair of SA6 and can compare them to the Livewires since I've decided to get customs now that I have spare cash lying around.

X2. I'm looking forward to read up a quick comparison between this two. Ideviding whether I should get the Sa6 custom or the Livewire...

Anyone?

Oct 21, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #1,330 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by berniebennybernard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I felt my Livewires has more sparkle in the highs and tighter deeper bass. I also liked the Klipsch Image X10 better too, enough that I bought the loaner X10 and returned the SA6 to the gentleman who loaned them to me.

But that's just me - everyone hears differently.

Oct 22, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #1,331 of 1,423
are there any specific shure olives that fit the sa6? on some descriptions, i see some fit for say se530 and etc, while other fits for the e series. i'm also trying to figure out whether i should get large or medium, especially since shure's sizing seem different compared to other brands.

Oct 22, 2008 at 11:37 AM Post #1,332 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are there any specific shure olives that fit the sa6? on some descriptions, i see some fit for say se530 and etc, while other fits for the e series. i'm also trying to figure out whether i should get large or medium, especially since shure's sizing seem different compared to other brands.

Any tip that fits the standard Shure series IEM's (I believe that's all except the E2c variation) should fit SA6's.

Oct 22, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #1,334 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzy639 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the Shure Olive tips increase the bass significantly. Tbh, not too impressed so far, Paul Weller's "Broken Stones" just doesn't have that kick. on +/+.

The Shure olive will indeed increase bass, but probably not enough to satisfy you. It also decreases the treble and narrows the soundstage a bit.

Oct 22, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #1,335 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzy639 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the Shure Olive tips increase the bass significantly. Tbh, not too impressed so far, Paul Weller's "Broken Stones" just doesn't have that kick. on +/+.

Have you tried the bass+ module mod? You just run a pin or staple through the center of the bass+ module, simple as that. Many SA6 owners who craved more bass found that to be a very easy solution. It worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back