Sleek SA6
Oct 10, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #1,261 of 1,423
Much appreciated info fuzzy logic! Hmm given tstarn06 said he thinks the atrios are more durable, and you saying the bass on them is amazing. I guess I'm willing to sacrifice the amazing mids and highs of the SA6 for the good mids and highs of the atrio along with its amazing bass. So I'm leaning towards the atrio... Now a good coin toss should decisively settle the issue
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #1,262 of 1,423
I was in the same boat as you, dimisam, and I ended up going with the M5s. I am listening to them right now, and they are incredible. I'm sure the SA6 is a great IEM as well.

I ordered mine from soundearphones.com and used the code 10OffSound to get $10 off.

Oct 10, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #1,263 of 1,423
Been away from these forums for a good 3-4 weeks, but its great to see this thread has picked up some life again!

Soz to interject....resume atrio-SA6 discussion (of which I cannot comment as I havn't tried nor owned the atrios).

Oct 10, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #1,264 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzylogic76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you're a bit of a basshead, go for the Atrio, but if you want a do-it-all set go for the SA6 (since you can customize the sound to an extent). Or if you're crazy and you're wallet can take a blow get both like me. I don't foresee myself selling either pair anytime soon.

Hope that helped...or sorry if it made the decision harder.
wink.gif

Thanks alot!
tongue.gif
JK

Just bought the M5s from a fellow Head-fier. My next step would be to test out the SA6s. I thought I was a basshead but I realized since joining head-fi & starting my buying craze, that I only like strong bass for my runs/workouts to keep me going. Suprisingly the M5 bass is a tiny bit too much for me but I know I need to burn them in. I like my RE2s because they're more well-rounded so I think the SA6s would be right up my alley and at least I'd have the option of modifying the treble & bass(I'm certainly not trying to compare the RE2 & SA6).

Oct 10, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #1,266 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzy639 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know wher eI can buy the Sleek SA6 from the USA shipped to the UK?

The reason I ask is the IEMs are very expensive over here and I think it would work out cheaper ordering from the USA.

I'm aware of soundearphones.com, a sponsor here and a reputable dealer, and direct from Sleek themselves.

Oct 11, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #1,268 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzy639 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Think I may do soundearphones.com Works out to be 113GBP.

A question to anyone thats ordered to the UK: were you charged any import fees/vat?

Yes. 17.5% VAT was added and I think the import fee was £7 or £8, I don't remember. Of course, I bought them when the £:$ was 1:2, so it was well worth it then.

Oct 13, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #1,270 of 1,423
Hello fellow Head-Fiers,
I have taken the first step on my audiophile journey by purchasing the atrio m5. I have to admit that it came to a best of 3 coin toss between the atrios and the sa6s, and the atrios won!
tongue_smile.gif
I was was emailing Jason about my concerns regarding bass, and he said that they will be releasing a more powerful bass filter soon that "will increase the overall low frequencies and give a much thicker bass response"- yup you heard it here first...I think... I'm sure the sa6s will become an even better earphone because of this, but I guess I'm not regretting my atrio decision because I listen to bass heavy genres and they still has the tried, tested and praised bass factor...for now at least. It also has a natural, warm, laid back and relaxed sound signature (or this is what I gathered), and this seems to appeal to me. Maybe once all the issues regarding durability/bass have settled down with the incredible new sa6- I might be in the market for a replacement
happy_face1.gif
But for now, I can't wait to get my ears on those atrios and experience earotic bliss in audio nirvana.
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 13, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #1,271 of 1,423
No kidding, had the replacement cable break at the splitter, again. While I used the case to store the SA6, which is partly responsible for the breaking, you still have to be extra careful not to pull on the cables too much *sigh*

Oct 13, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #1,272 of 1,423
Sorry to hear that durability is still an issue with the SA6s Squirsier. On a different note- Thanks to everyone who gave me input on this thread regarding my purchasing decision. I also ordered small shure olives with the atrios- hopefully my ear canals will match that size.

Oct 13, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #1,273 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by dimisam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was was emailing Jason about my concerns regarding bass, and he said that they will be releasing a more powerful bass filter soon that "will increase the overall low frequencies and give a much thicker bass response"- yup you heard it here first...I think...

Awesome news, and thanks for sharing! I wonder what "soon" means in Sleek Audio terms...

Oct 13, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #1,274 of 1,423
It's just going to end up making them a bit boomy I would suspect as that have been my experience with the tuning ports for the SA6s before I got rid of them. The boomy bass also has an adverse effect on the soundstage of the SA6s. It's funny how we are anti-boomy bass but the bass ports does just that, add boominess to the bass. If anything, I remember the SA6s to sound better with the neutral bass along with the treble - to make the SA6s sound natural and more balanced. Alas, I got rid of them in a jiffy as they just did not make enough improvements for me especially at the $250 I paid for them.

Oct 13, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #1,275 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by dookiex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's just going to end up making them a bit boomy I would suspect as that have been my experience with the tuning ports for the SA6s before I got rid of them. The boomy bass also has an adverse effect on the soundstage of the SA6s. It's funny how we are anti-boomy bass but the bass ports does just that, add boominess to the bass. If anything, I remember the SA6s to sound better with the neutral bass along with the treble - to make the SA6s sound natural and more balanced. Alas, I got rid of them in a jiffy as they just did not make enough improvements for me especially at the $250 I paid for them.

rolleyes.gif
Well, thankfully: different ears, different preferences (which is the entire philosophy behind a configurable IEM, of course). I, for one, would welcome any added bass impact from a stock port. The bass+ pinhole mod on its own has had wholly positive effects for me...so I'm looking forward to hearing what these new ports can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back