Sleek SA6
Sep 25, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #1,246 of 1,423
Where can I buy them in europe? More than one supplier would be welcomed.
regular_smile .gif

Sep 25, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #1,248 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x3. Got mine from Soundearphones as well, their prices are good and international shipping is fast.

x4, ordered with Soundearphones 3 times so far, always pleasant to do business with them, they fill orders and ship fast
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #1,250 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by redux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can I buy them in europe? More than one supplier would be welcomed.
regular_smile .gif

I only know of one, hifiheadphones.co.uk.

Oct 10, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #1,251 of 1,423
Hi,
I'm a brand spanking new head-fier, and I've spent much time glancing through these very informative forums. Thanks guys! I'm no expert on critically breaking down the signature of a particular phone, but if the phone makes my music sound amazing I am all for it! I'm a huge trance/downtempo/world music fan, and after reading through these forums I had pretty much made up my mind to buy the atrio m5- mostly because they are said to have good, tight bass, and balanced mids and highs. This signature seems to suit my musical taste. But then I came across the sleek SA6 forum, where many previous atrio m5 stalwarts have been quick to embrace the SA6's at the expense of their atrios, and now my mind is vacillating. One extremely important factor to me is durability (and hence simplicity) of design- especially when it comes to cords and drivers/armatures. My earphone cords (B&O A8) had a section of exposed wire at the Y junction after normal use, and now the exposed wire is fraying. The SA6's seem awesome from what you guys are saying, but I'm a little apprehensive after the recent spate of failures of various parts of these phones that you guys have been reporting. How are the atrios durability wise? I would rather go for more durability than a modest improvement in SQ. Also the atrios are about $50 cheaper and have stronger bass. Any suggestions guys?

Oct 10, 2008 at 9:12 AM Post #1,252 of 1,423
i never try Atrio but based on what i read so far, SA6 and Atrio are totally opposite.

SA6 is more toward clarity, precision while Atrio more warm and fun.

stronger bass than your current Atrio? i can say the journey already ended when u get your Atrio. the bass is as good as it get.

Oct 10, 2008 at 11:09 AM Post #1,253 of 1,423
Thanks toughnut. How about on the durability front? I want whichever headphone set I buy to be my primary set (home use, gym use, outdoor use) and therefore I don't want to always be extra careful when using them if they turn out to be fragile. I figure if I'm willing to dish out a lot of $$$, these headphones should take care of me instead of the reverse! Also, shouts out to tstarn06 in philly! I graduated from UPenn this summer and I'm already missing the great campus, city and people (plus cheesesteaks and wawa!).

Oct 10, 2008 at 12:09 PM Post #1,254 of 1,423
Durability of SA6? i owned it before and my advise is u might end up taking good care of it. dig up and read through all SA6 threads. it's definitely a winner if not due to its build quality. i miss her.

btw, welcome to Head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #1,255 of 1,423
I have recently purchased the Atrio M5, on top of owning the SA6 for a few weeks or so already.

Durability wise, I think the Atrio is slightly ahead only because it has less moving parts.
(mind you I've had both phones for less than a month, so only time will tell)

The chrome cover on my SA6 is already lose. It doesn't affect SQ and a dab of krazy glue has cured it, but the Atrio doesn't have this problem. It's one solid casing.

I would say that the SA6 cable is a bit thicker so maybe a bit more durable (and it's less microphonic).

Either way both are great phones and you'll get at least 1 year warranty with either phone.

Oct 10, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #1,256 of 1,423
Thanks for taking the time to reply fuzzylogic. What are your impressions on the sound quality comparisons between the atrios and the SA6s? Do you think the SA6s can satisfyingly deal with trance/electronica/Drum and Bass? Or do you think the the atrios do a better overall job for these genres. How about for world music and downtempo?

Oct 10, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #1,257 of 1,423
I owned the Atrios and I do think they are a bit sturdier in the long run. However, I really prefer the Sleek sound if I had to choose one over the other. I ended up selling the Atrios for the SA6s. Sleek gives you a two-year warranty, not sure about Future Sonics. When I had the old FS EM3, it was only one year, but they might have upgraded it to be competitive with the other high-quality brands.

Oct 10, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #1,258 of 1,423
Oct 10, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #1,259 of 1,423
Idiotic. I can see not favoring the SA6s over the 530s, etc., but to rate the V-Moda Vibe and a couple of other IEMS higher than the Sleeks by a substantial margin is ridiculous.

Obviously, the good folks at InfoSync don't have a clue about good sound when it comes to IEMs. But hey, they are entitled to their opinion, no matter how stupid it might be (paraphrasing an old Steve Martin routine here).

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #1,260 of 1,423
For trace/electronic/d&b I think the Atrio tops the SA6 (especially for d&b). They have some of the best low frequency extension I've heard. Sometimes I feel like I have full size cans on. After some burn-in they are very controlled, never bloaty, and don't blanket other frequencies. Since the Atrio use dynamic drivers (as opposed to balanced armature) I feel they are more punchy. I can "fell" the drums more where as on the SA6 I just hear them. I fell in love with them the moment I heard them (mind you I was still in the honeymoon phase with the SA6).

The mids and highs would have to go to SA6 though, some of the sweetest mids I've heard. The SA6 has great articulation and detail and a bit better instrument separation. The bass is definitely there just not as abundant or deep as the Atrio. And to me I just don't "feel" the bass like I do on the Atrio.

Yesterday I lent my friend my SA6. He's been swearing by his Ety ER4 for the last 4-5 years...after just 1 day of listening I just got a text message from him cursing me cause now he wants to get the SA6 wirelss package. That's how good the SA6 are.

I don't really listen to world music or much downtempo. If you're a bit of a basshead, go for the Atrio, but if you want a do-it-all set go for the SA6 (since you can customize the sound to an extent). Or if you're crazy and your wallet can take a blow get both like me. I don't foresee myself selling either pair anytime soon.

Each phone has their strengths and weakness, and if you get from soundearphones.com I believe you get a 30 day return policy so you can get both and return the one you don't like as much.

Hope that helped...or sorry if it made the decision harder.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back