Sleek SA6
Jul 15, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #1,096 of 1,423
I believe the Ety tri-flange tips work well too. But still a big fan of the Shure Olives

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:31 PM Post #1,097 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know where I could get more tips besides soundearphones or sleek audio? The shipping is kinda expensive , not free...

We offer USPS First Class mail for $5 for accessories to Canada.

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #1,098 of 1,423
just ordered mine. with coupon for $190 shipped from soundearphones. damn fine price. hopefully this cures my angst with the shure se210 treble (or lack thereof).

I haven't been this excited for a purchase in a long time. woopwoop

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #1,099 of 1,423
Between the Ety triflange and the Sleek biflange, I definitely like the Sleek's more. I find them much more comfortable than the Etys especially when in my ear probably. It's great to see prices coming down on them in the past month.

Jul 16, 2008 at 10:23 AM Post #1,100 of 1,423
Hi all

Been following this thread with interest for a while now and have finally taken the plunge and will be ordering later today.

Will be ordering from hifiheadphones here in the UK who seem to be the only retailer selling SA6 in uk. Just spoke to someone there and they were really helpful and seemed to know the product.

For the last couple of months i have been using the Triple-Fi's, although i really like the sound quality they give me through my Hornet amp, I have found the last week or so that i am struggling to get a good fit no matter what tip i use. Also starting to find them a bit uncomfortable after a short period of time.

Anybody give me an idea how they will sound amped and compared to my TF's, i've read channum's thread which more or less made my mind up for me.

Jul 16, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #1,102 of 1,423
My Sleeks arrived yesterday and I was amazed, no customs fees. however that seems to be where my luck ends. After trying various tips and plugs (with ~20 hrs burnin). One ear piece seems to his no matter whether it is on the right or the left cable. Called sleek and left a message, hopefully they can get back to me quickly.

Jul 16, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #1,103 of 1,423
Sorry to hear about that hissing sound. They will make it right, but buying from outside the U.S. will slow the process down, no doubt. I also would PM Jason on the Sleek sponsored thread about the issue. Haven't heard about an out-of-the-box hissing problem before, but they will get you a new earpiece, I am sure.

Jul 16, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #1,104 of 1,423
Well, i just got mine today, and they are great! Im settled with bass+/treble+, Which to me, sounds very good. Unlike some, I think the bass is great and presents itself when it is supposed to (i.e., you hear the body of the bass in thick, dance bass lines and in bass drums). Personally, i wouldn't need any more bass, but i guess some do.

Another plus with these phones are the ability to not be fatiguing. It was a world of difference comparing to the amount of fatigue i was experiencing with me Er6is. The only thing i would want is the inclusion of some sort of foam earpieces. I'm not a big fan of flanges as they then to irritate my ears. I think i can some spare Ety foams to fit on, but it would be cool if sleek made their own foams.

Jul 16, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #1,105 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by majurglery /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, i wouldn't need any more bass, but i guess some do.

Yup.
wink.gif
Or, to be more precise, some -- like me -- would prefer more bass impact. I agree that the bass is present when it should be, with a nice amount of body...but I also think it fails to hit hard enough when called to. To break it down: For me, bass guitars sound great; kick drums are ultimately lacking.

Jul 16, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #1,106 of 1,423
Just got mine.

Really nice stuff.

Doing + bass and = treble for now. Felt that = bass and = treble was a bit underwhelming in the bass department.

Using a Zune 30gb and no amp.

This is after 10 minutes of listening, heh. I'm sure they will burn in beautifully.

Jul 17, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #1,108 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup.
wink.gif
Or, to be more precise, some -- like me -- would prefer more bass impact. I agree that the bass is present when it should be, with a nice amount of body...but I also think it fails to hit hard enough when called to. To break it down: For me, bass guitars sound great; kick drums are ultimately lacking.

Well that is the main reason I have a complement for those moments in which we need more bass...
wink.gif
...Sorry Jason for posting about other brands here, but I think that Mark also knows you, and have you as a very talented competition so no harm....you should give the Klipsch X10, or the X5 a try...both IMO will satisfy you, until you get the FreQ, or they release a port bass +++++

Also consider that we are talking of IEM's, not full size headphones, these have some limitations, bass is one, and IMO they have others, for example I need better highs, none of them give me what I'm looking for, the sparkle, the details of other bigger headphones, hand clasp sound fake, same as some strings, cymbals, and wind instruments...but we need them, as space is an issue sometimes...
wink.gif

Jul 17, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #1,109 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...you should give the Klipsch X10, or the X5 a try...both IMO will satisfy you

You and I actually had a back-and-forth not too long ago about the Images. Remember, I found them too sibilance-prone, and you didn't? Anyway, I've tried the X10s, and while I found their bass to be quite exceptional -- perhaps even ideal -- the total package sadly did not satisfy me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also consider that we are talking of IEM's, not full size headphones, these have some limitations...but we need them, as space is an issue sometimes...
wink.gif

I'm with you there. I certainly don't expect something with the form-factor of an IEM to produce audio miracles, but since my experience has taught me that IEMs (even single-driver ones) are capable of producing the type of bass I like, I'm curious to find out if any future tweaks will "VQ" the SA6 to my complete satisfaction. As far as compromises are concerned, I'm much happier right now with my SA6 and its pinhole-modded bass+ port than I was with the X10.

Jul 17, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #1,110 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You and I actually had a back-and-forth not too long ago about the Images. Remember, I found them too sibilance-prone, and you didn't? Anyway, I've tried the X10s, and while I found their bass to be quite exceptional -- perhaps even ideal -- the total package sadly did not satisfy me.

I'm with you there. I certainly don't expect something with the form-factor of an IEM to produce audio miracles, but since my experience has taught me that IEMs (even single-driver ones) are capable of producing the type the bass I like, I'm curious to find out if any future tweaks will "VQ" the SA6 to my complete satisfaction. As far as compromises are concerned, I'm much happier right now with my SA6 and its pinhole-modded bass+ port than I was with the X10.

Well that is true, in that case try the FreQs, those have exceptionally good bass...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back