Sleek SA6
Apr 2, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #497 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sceptre, great feedback.

When are you going to give these a shot, Larry?
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd like to hear what you think of them vs. your favorite LiveWires. From what I've read, I'd guess they sound similar...

Apr 2, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #498 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When are you going to give these a shot, Larry?
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd like to hear what you think of them vs. your favorite LiveWires. From what I've read, I'd guess they sound similar...

Well, I have been happy with my Livewires custom IEM enough that I directed all my attention to full size headphones, and keeping my Denon C700 as backup. Had to have an RS-1 to go with the RS-2, and my HD600 wanted an HD650 buddy, then had to get a second Edition 9 with sequential serial numbers, and my HF-1 needed an HHF-1 with sequential serial number, and my HFI-700 wanted a new buddy in the HFI-780, and my Livewires needed a clear version to go with the red/blue ones, etc...
very_evil_smiley.gif

I am considering selling my IM716 with "custom podectomy 3-switch custom re-pod" and getting the Sleek, but I just don't know that I need them. Doesn't keep me from lurking through the threads though.

Apr 3, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #500 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by StormTracker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I took the plunge, can't wait until they get here.

Welcome to the club!
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #502 of 1,423
Got a call from FedEx yesterday. I will be getting my SA6s next week: Monday or Tuesday!! \0/ I asked them to make the delivery to my work, so I'll get them sooner
smily_headphones1.gif
Still waiting to hear the amount I have to pay taxes and other expenses.

Apr 4, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #503 of 1,423
Well, a few months ago I came here to find myself a pair of headphones to replace my Grado SR60 with something that has more bass. At first I was looking for "anything" (meaning, IEMs, Earphones, Headphones, etc) and finally, after following suggestions and comments from the articles on this forum and the people in the thread I had posted, I settled down on a pair of BeyerDynamics DT770 Pro. Loved them ever since.

Now, I've been wanting an iPod Classic 160gb for a while, and since my birthday is coming... I need a pair of good IEMs. The only ones I have been using so far are Sony MDR-E71 (white ones) and while "good", this definitly doesn't come anywhere near the SQ of a good pair of headphones...

Now, I've seen a lot of people comparing IEMs with IEMs, but in my case, I am looking at something that will match the sound of the DT770 Pro. Yeup, going IEM vs HP full on
biggrin.gif

Anyway, after reading like 10 pages of the 51 pages (for now) thread, I was already convinced to get a pair of SA6. What convinced me was the modular aspect of it. Just perfect and brilliant. So, once again, because of the forum, I ordered a pair of new phones.

I got them thru SoundEarphones.com with 10% off and free shipping to Canada. Placed my order yesterday, hopefully will get them next week.

So next week, I'll be comparing them to my DT 770 Pro. Fair or unfair? We'll see. What I am truly hoping is that these will actually replace the DT770 Pro in every day use (they're mostly used on my laptop, who has a Echo Audio Indigo I/O PCMCIA Soundcard) listening to my iTunes library. My own CDs being ripped at 192k, the eMusic downloads at 320k VBR and iTunes Plus at 256k AAC.

Can' wait. Modular desing for the win!
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #504 of 1,423
Thx Guys - _ -

I had a UE Metro.SF2 in mind before I found this forum then I quickly upped my budget to 150 then to SA6..

I purchased SA6 a few hours ago and hopefully I will receive it next week! Cant wait!

BTW How well does the SA6 match with the D2 or zen?

Thx

Apr 6, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #505 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by whitevitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW How well does the SA6 match with the D2 or zen?

The SA6 match extremely well with the D2. I use the combination every day and find it excellent.

Apr 6, 2008 at 12:29 PM Post #506 of 1,423
OK ok, I have IPOD classic 80GB 5.5Gen, and I have Sandisk Snasa-clip for my gym use. all of them are paired with my beloved q-Jays.

Notorious Head-fi forum is trying to eat my wallet again! while I am reading this SA6 thread. I already PMed some headfier, but if any of you listened q-Jays, Will you say SA6 are upgrade for q-Jays?

I like the form factor of q-Jays, it's nice gym rig with my Sansa clip but If you guys think SA6 will be good for Gym use, then, I'll might just order them now!!!

By the way, $20off from soundearphone.com is over now right?

Apr 6, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #507 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyEnergizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK ok, I have IPOD classic 80GB 5.5Gen, and I have Sandisk Snasa-clip for my gym use. all of them are paired with my beloved q-Jays.

Notorious Head-fi forum is trying to eat my wallet again! while I am reading this SA6 thread. I already PMed some headfier, but if any of you listened q-Jays, Will you say SA6 are upgrade for q-Jays?

I like the form factor of q-Jays, it's nice gym rig with my Sansa clip but If you guys think SA6 will be good for Gym use, then, I'll might just order them now!!!

By the way, $20off from soundearphone.com is over now right?

Yes, it's over... but it is replaced by a 10% off Sleek Audio coupon making it $25 off.
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #508 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by StormTracker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it's over... but it is replaced by a 10% off Sleek Audio coupon making it $25 off.
biggrin.gif

Oh I thought it was $10 off, more discount huh?

So you guys think it's worth $60 more for SA6 in terms of SQ, and SS?
confused.gif

Apr 8, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #509 of 1,423
If you're looking for a good price on the SA6, you should send SoundEarphones an e-mail asking for their best price (as stated in the product description: http://www.soundearphones.com/product.php?id=257).

I don't know if it'll be different now, but I was able to buy them at a cheaper price with the quote that they sent me.

Apr 8, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #510 of 1,423
BTW, I remember reading somewhere that Sleek Audio was working on a tool to help extract the treble tubes. I don't remember if it was in this thread or another one (I did try reading this thread again, but it's pretty long).

I'm having a pretty difficult time removing the tube on one side, though I don't have any problems with changing tubes on the other side. Does anyone have any recommendations for pulling the treble tubes out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back