Sleek SA6
Feb 26, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #241 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing wrong with not improving - or demonstrably so - with higher-end source. I've tried mine both straight from my Trekstor Vibez as well as my iMod/Pico combo. The only difference I'm hearing is the difference in the sources. Of course you could argue whether the improvement in SQ is due to the better source or is the better source/amp improving the sound of the SA6. All I know is that Sleek Audio seems to have done a mighty fine job with these little gems. And their bi-flanges simply rock. First bi-flanges that have really worked for me. I have no desire to try any other tips with the SA6.

Funny bi-flanges never worked for me either, and I find the SA6's bi-flange are great as well. Good seal and very comfortable. Prefer the sound of them over Shure grey tips, olive tips and some foamies I had around.

I am glad to hear the impression of a few that the SA6 does not significantly improve with an amp, as I have no desire to get one. SA6 and Zune are a great match.

Feb 26, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #242 of 1,423
I ordered the SA6 from SoundEarphones.com on Sunday. They were at my door today. Nice.
biggrin.gif

I only had time to listen for about 15 minutes before I had to go to work. From what I heard from the stock configuration, the sound was nice and clear. They match really well with an iPod touch/iPhone if that's your thing and seem pretty solid.

I did have one problem though: major channel imbalance; although it switched ears, and I did try switching the earpieces on the cable (to no avail). These are my first in-ear phones in probably 2.5 years so I'm guessing it might be user error with the seal. Does anyone here have any ideas about that?

If anybody is interested in an unboxing pictorial, let me know. I made sure to leave everything intact.

Feb 26, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #243 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by slug4life /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered the SA6 from SoundEarphones.com on Sunday. They were at my door today. Nice.
biggrin.gif

I did have one problem though: major channel imbalance; although it switched ears, and I did try switching the earpieces on the cable (to no avail). These are my first in-ear phones in probably 2.5 years so I'm guessing it might be user error with the seal. Does anyone here have any ideas about that?

Sounds like a defective set... I have not had any issues like that at all. If getting the seal doesn't seem to help, then you'll know... and I find these exceedingly easy to get the right seal with. If I were you I'd look into an exchange for another set with SoundEarphones.

Feb 26, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #244 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like a defective set... I have not had any issues like that at all. If getting the seal doesn't seem to help, then you'll know... and I find these exceedingly easy to get the right seal with. If I were you I'd look into an exchange for another set with SoundEarphones.

I'm guessing that's what I'll have to do. I don't think it's a seal issue either as I couldn't hear anything with them in. I'll have to play around with them a bit when I get home (make sure all the ports are ok).

Feb 26, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #245 of 1,423
I'd make sure the cable is properly attached as well. Try swapping that around as well, it should help you narrow down whether it's the cable or one of the actually phones.

Feb 26, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #246 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd make sure the cable is properly attached as well. Try swapping that around as well, it should help you narrow down whether it's the cable or one of the actually phones.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did swap the phones and it didn't make a difference: the left side was much quieter both times. However, I then tried them again with the same cable configuration and the right side had problems. I'll definitely play around with them later tonight to try to fix this issue.

The cable should work regardless of rotational position, correct? I had it upside-down compared to the stock photos, which shouldn't be an issue, but it could be.

Feb 26, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #247 of 1,423
The cable swivels 360 degrees so that shouldn't be an issue, I wear mine both straight down or over the ear depending on what I'm doing.

It's a little hard to tell from your post exactly what you did but if you go about it logically it should be easy to narrow down. Seeing as the cable is marked Left and Right use that as your constant and swap the bodies themselves, if the problem switches sides when you swap the bodies than it's a problem with the body itself, if it stays on the same side it's the cable.

Feb 26, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #248 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cable swivels 360 degrees so that shouldn't be an issue, I wear mine both straight down or over the ear depending on what I'm doing.

That's what I thought. Hopefully I'll be able to fix it. I missed the isolation you can only get from IEMs and the SA6 definitely provide that. I'll need to get the treble++ as well.

Feb 26, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #249 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by slug4life /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what I thought. Hopefully I'll be able to fix it. I missed the isolation you can only get from IEMs and the SA6 definitely provide that. I'll need to get the treble++ as well.

PM or email JasonK, I'm sure he'll get you sorted.
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #251 of 1,423
smily_headphones1.gif

Guess who just joined the Sleek Audio Club?

I'm too busy today (and the next couple days) to write up anything detailed, but if I could summarize my first impressions in one word, it would be... "finally".

Thank you to Sleek Audio for designing these and to SoundEarphones.com for the quickest delivery ever (I ordered yesterday, they arrived today).

EDIT: Oh and one more thank you to all those who recommended these.

Feb 27, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #252 of 1,423
Very cool. I haven't been able to take them out for the past day. Makes me want to listen to everything. Guess they are non-fatiguing, too. Enough blubbering. My wife's POV when she couldn't get my attention all day: "I hate headphones!" Now I know these things are the real deal.

Feb 27, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #253 of 1,423
Nice to hear that the SA6 are indeed worthy of $250! My interest has skyrocketed ever since reading about them on Sunday. Should've bought them while the $20 coupon was still active
frown.gif

Can you compare the size to... erm, a small Shure black foamie, JVC Marshmallows? They look like they're the same size as a foamie tube-lengthwise, and if so, holy crap that's small!

And my A818 arrived once again today. I shouldn't have deviated from my A818 + C700 combo... and am about to add the SA6 to the family...
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #254 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very cool. I haven't been able to take them out for the past day. Makes me want to listen to everything. Guess they are non-fatiguing, too. Enough blubbering. My wife's POV when she couldn't get my attention all day: "I hate headphones!" Now I know these things are the real deal.

I'm the same way... I just got home from running some errands, and what did my arse do first- plop down with the Vibez/SA6 combo sitting right next to me, playing. I'm sure it'll be on all night until I go to bed. Poor Vibez has been needing charge every other day or so. I haven't turned on my home rig for several days now. I wish my integrated amplifier had a headphone out, now that would be major fun! And watching movies out of the integrated too... hmmmm how to right that.
biggrin.gif

**edit- since I'm not married, I have no wife to keep trying to pursuade me to take them out. heh heh......

Feb 27, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #255 of 1,423
Has anybody compared the SA6 to the Klipsch Image yet?

I'd love to get some IEMs for use at work, and will most likely be retired or deceased by the time the Westone 3's come out!
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back