Sleek SA6 W1: Wireless In Ear Monitors
Jan 10, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #16 of 16
I already have the SA6 and love the sound and compact size. I was thinking of buying the wireless setup but from what I can see from the pictures, the flimsy barrel connectors on the Wireless are identical to the ones on the cable. The left barrel connector on my cable has failed after less than a month. And I find that the cable at the barrel connector point becomes less flexible over time (even hard and set in a certain position), which likely adds to this problem. I've read three seperate reports of a left connector failing...maybe there's a design fault here? As the connector is the same on the wireless, I don't see the sense in splashing the cash for something that's going to break after a few weeks/months. No reply from Sleek Audio regarding the problem. Have any wireless users had a problem with the cable from the phones to the main wireless unit?

My question is, why pay 100 pounds (and for that matter, why bother producing a high quality wireless system) when the cable will likely fail within a matter of weeks? For me there's no point using the warranty by sending the part back to Sleek and also paying for return postage (I'm based in Ireland) so I might as well just buy as new from the UK. Very frustrating.
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back