Sleek SA6 Owners...which tips do you use?
Jul 27, 2008 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

oak3x

500+ Head-Fier
Curious which tips owners of Sleek SA6 have been using:

-Double Flange (stock)
-Comply
-Shure Black Foam (Olive)
-Yellow Foam
-Other

Jul 27, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #5 of 16
Owned the Olives (Shure Black Foam) when I owned the se310, se420, se530.

They are comfortable, and work well for isolation.

Comphy's are good also...but they seam to get dirty quickly

Jul 28, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by oak3x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Owned the Olives (Shure Black Foam) when I owned the se310, se420, se530.

They are comfortable, and work well for isolation.

Comphy's are good also...but they seam to get dirty quickly

X2 on both counts. I never could get used to the flanges. I use a medium (right) and small (left) Shure black foamie, for best fit (odd ears). Only main problem with any foamies (Shure black, Shure yellow, Comply shorts) is they tend to get really stuck onto the treble tubes. Someone, can't remember who, posted a fix...you remove the treble tube with the sleeve on it, then push the tube out the back. Otherwise, if you try to pull it apart, you could crack the tube.

Jul 28, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #9 of 16
I like the Shure yellows and the Complys equally in terms of sound, but the Complys are more comfortable for long sessions. I've never been a fan of flanges going back to my first ER4S 10 years ago, I find the tonal colour poor, and the highs rolled off, I still try them with each new IEM but have the same experience.

The fix for removing the yellow foamies is to use the inside of a ballpoint pen and insert it on the ear side to push the tube back out... it's possible to push the foamies flush with the silver ring but I find they sound better flush with the widest part of the treble port.

Jul 28, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #12 of 16
Yeah I have freak tiny ear canals. Using the small flange in the left ear is perfect but the right ear needs something even smaller. I have some small black olives on the way, is there anything else that is even smaller then those around that I buy to test out?

I like the double flange for my left ear but the right hurts to have in there. The smallest tips that came with the JVC marshmellows worked ok, are the olives similar in size to those?

Jul 29, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #13 of 16
Tried the stock bi-flanges, Shure black foams, Jays silicons and Jays foams and I keep coming back to the Jays silicons which give me the best isolation, comfort and bass response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is there anything else that is even smaller then those around that I buy to test out?

Jays silicons come in S, XS, XXS. PM me if you want and I can post you some to try as I don't use these sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back