Sleek SA6 Cable Survey...
Dec 6, 2008 at 12:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

vulc4n

500+ Head-Fier
So, my second SA6 cable is now failing. Just wanted to do a quick survey and see if anyone else was having the same kind of cable issues I am.

So has your cable failed?

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #3 of 28
I had a driver die soon after arrival. It was replaced immediately, but I returned them soon after anyway. Maybe you should change the title of the thread to include other issues, since I know many people have also had driver problems.

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 28
I've had about 2 defective cables, and my friend has another. By defective, I mean they come apart at the Y split and the connector end.

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #6 of 28
Both my cable failures have been on the left channel where the cable meets the barrel connector. Start out with intermitent drop outs and ens up not working at all.

ugh.

Dec 6, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 28
had problem with different level of sound coming from drivers even after swapping drivers from L to R and R to L. did couple of replacements, turn out problem with early batch of cable (i didnt receive a treble tip remover in my box) was messing with the driver, giving problems and killing them or something. also had one driver that died same day i got my replacement back
frown.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
had problem with different level of sound coming from drivers even after swapping drivers from L to R and R to L.

Sounds similar to something I experienced this morning before the sound started dropping out.

Dec 6, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by vulc4n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds similar to something I experienced this morning before the sound started dropping out.

ouch. well in teh end i still feel confident because after dealing with sleek audio so many times, i know that their customer service is top notch. only problem right now is that lately they have been moving offices (moving offices and maintaining business not easy
frown.gif
) so it might be difficult getting your hands on jason, bill, or mark. if email doesnt work, definitely give sleek audio a call and its pretty much guaranteed they'll take care of you

Dec 6, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #10 of 28
I had the cable housing pull away from one of the wires right at the Y-juncture. Also, the logo's wore off of the earphones. Thankfully Sleek sent me a replacement cable in a matter of a couple days. I had great customer service.

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #14 of 28
I e-mailed Jason this week with a question and got a follow-up within a few hours. There's no doubt they've had some build issues in the first year of production, but they've been very eager to resolve them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back