Sleek SA6 better than Super.fi 5 Pro?
Aug 26, 2008 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JimmyJunk

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone. I ordered the Sleek SA6, and like them a lot.

However, this is my first pair of high end earphones, so I have nothing to compare them to.

The other headset I was seriously looking at was the Super.fi 5 Pro. It seems having the two drivers would give a really good sound.

Can someone who has heard both earphones please give me their opinions.

Aug 26, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyJunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey everyone. I ordered the Sleek SA6, and like them a lot.

However, this is my first pair of high end earphones, so I have nothing to compare them to.

The other headset I was seriously looking at was the Super.fi 5 Pro. It seems having the two drivers would give a really good sound.

Can someone who has heard both earphones please give me their opinions.

More drivers does not necessarily mean better sound because there can be problems implementing the crossover betweens the two or more drivers. I have never tried the superfi5 pros but I have the sleeks and from passive reading I've gleaned that they regarded as a better quality iem than the pros.

Aug 27, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 10
what i found was that more drivers can make bigger sounds, well not volume but the richness. and the difference between single and dual is more than between dual and triple

Aug 27, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #4 of 10
Never owned the SF 5 Pro, but there are a few Sleek owners who have owned them, and say there is no real comparison. If I can find the links to those comments, I will post them. Might be on the SF5 v.2 thread, or the Sleek thread.

Aug 27, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never owned the SF 5 Pro, but there are a few Sleek owners who have owned them, and say there is no real comparison. If I can find the links to those comments, I will post them. Might be on the SF5 v.2 thread, or the Sleek thread.

i think in the sleek thread.

in the new super.fi 5 thread, at least as of like a week ago, i think most people that made a direct comparison said it was a close call, and some preferred the sleeks.

Aug 27, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #6 of 10
I enjoy my SA6s much, much more than I ever did my super.fi 5 Pros. Altogether more coherent, detailed, and balanced, without the nagging issues concerning fit and spitty, sibilant highs.

Aug 27, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 10
Owned both, and it's no contest in my opinion: Sleek SA6 is better than the SF5pro. Heck, I think they're better than TF10pro, but realise that comes down to a few nuance differences and I prefer the choice Sleek made versus UE.

Aug 28, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #8 of 10
for those of you who had problems with the sf5p, did any of you ever try the comply tips?

Aug 28, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatwunguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for those of you who had problems with the sf5p, did any of you ever try the comply tips?

Nope. My ownership predated the existence of compatible Complys.

Aug 28, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatwunguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Didn't really have problems, but I did give Compys a try.

They are very comfortable and provide a very good, no muss seal. The problem is durability and attenuation of the highs. The longer you use them, the more ragged the tips get and the more they attenuate the high range. If you want to keep the best sound quality, they need to be replaced every 3-4 weeks and that's just stupid expensive as far as I'm concerned.

I went back to silicone - nearly as comfortable, better SQ, and much more economical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back