Sleek SA6 - Any benefit of using a Fiio E5 with them?
May 15, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 7
Wow! Great, thanks!

Is there any way to connect the Fiio amp through the line-out connector of my iPod Classic? (without using a fancy cable costing five times the price of the amp).

May 15, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #4 of 7
You get two mini-to-mini cables with the Fiio E5 (along with a USB cable to use when charging).
You could use the shorter mini-mini cable with an ipod line out dock. These line out docks are about 15-20$ on ebay. Alternatively you can get an ipod line out dock with an higher end audiophile cable for about 30-40$ shipped from head-direct, ebay or one of the cable builders on the forum like EFN.

May 15, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks again. I'll probably try with the dock.

Have you experience any humming / hissing / background noise with the Fiio?

Btw, I have been really happy with my Sleeks so far. I do not even know why I am trying to find better!

May 15, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #6 of 7
There is absolutely no hiss or background noise with the E5 and SA6 combo at all, even when using the output of my ipod amp to feed the E5.

I was (and still am) also very happy with the SA6 performance. Many people commented that the SA6 doesn't "need" an amp, but even this inexpensive E5 makes noticeable changes and improvements to the sound. There are much better amps out there for more money , but as I said, considering the price and the size of the E5, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back