Sleek cables quality issues
Jan 21, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #16 of 27
Ideal nice to see you on board, im the one who ordered the black/clear glitter customs a week or two ago, you put me forward to bill any idea on how they're getting on?

Would be nice if we had the plug type or dimensions that way people can start making their own.

Jan 21, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Huxley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ideal nice to see you on board, im the one who ordered the black/clear glitter customs a week or two ago, you put me forward to bill any idea on how they're getting on?

Would be nice if we had the plug type or dimensions that way people can start making their own.

Nice color choice, thats one of my favorites. Due to CES we have been very busy with customs so its hard to say. We should have them done 2-3 weeks after we receive your ear molds.

Plug dimensions and other cable information can possibly be released some time in the future but I'm not too sure as of now.

Jan 21, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #18 of 27
Name is darren bray, coincidentally the email address is the same should it ring any bells, i did choose all black glitter but changed my mind after seeing some designs on here, plus id like to see any wax build up that needs cleaning.

You spoke to me the second day of the new year i believe.

Well the order has been out a while bill did say he'll crack on with them this week, id rather not pester the guy, plus id rather he took his time anyway.

Im just itching to get the things in my ears, should be quite an upgrade from the sf5's

Jan 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #19 of 27
Oh that's right, I remember you. I went back to check for you but Bill is in the zone right now making customs so its best to not derail his flow. It really comes down to the order in which we get the molds, first come first serve. It shouldn't be more than a week if we received the molds on the second.

Jan 21, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cables we originally ordered had its flaws for sure. Since then we have found a new manufacturer for our cables. We ended up having 10,000 cables from the first batch that are being filtered out through our distributors. We have not charged anyone for a replacement cable to date and don't plan to until the cable problem is remedied.

As far as the W-1 wireless units, they are made from a different manufacturer. We have had close to no complaints about our wireless units so no worries about purchasing those
wink_face.gif

By the way, my name is Andrew and you can email me at andrew@sleek-audio.com I'm here to help out Jason and Mark now that they are getting busier and busier.

Andrew That certainly speaks to customer service being a high priority. Keep up the good work.
L3000.gif

Jan 22, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

The cables we originally ordered had its flaws for sure. Since then we have found a new manufacturer for our cables. We ended up having 10,000 cables from the first batch that are being filtered out through our distributors. We have not charged anyone for a replacement cable to date and don't plan to until the cable problem is remedied.

As far as the W-1 wireless units, they are made from a different manufacturer. We have had close to no complaints about our wireless units so no worries about purchasing those
wink_face.gif

By the way, my name is Andrew and you can email me at andrew@sleek-audio.com I'm here to help out Jason and Mark now that they are getting busier and busier.

Good to hear from you guys again.

Feb 23, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #23 of 27
Great, after 3.5 months, just after the warrant on the cables expired, my cable is almost through at the y-piece; never saw a "quality-product"-cable break so fast, and I've been using portable audio for over 25 years.

Feb 23, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great, after 3.5 months, just after the warrant on the cables expired, my cable is almost through at the y-piece; never saw a "quality-product"-cable break so fast, and I've been using portable audio for over 25 years.

Go ahead and send me an email at andrew@sleek-audio.com and I'll tell you the process for getting your replacement cable.

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #25 of 27
Hi Andrew,

thank you for your fast and friendly post. I just dug up the invoice from hifiheadphones (UK) and it turns out I purchased them exactly 3 months ago!
So I guess they are covered by warrantly and I've contacted them to discuss how to proceed.
Unless you advice otherwise.

Feb 23, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Andrew,

thank you for your fast and friendly post. I just dug up the invoice from hifiheadphones (UK) and it turns out I purchased them exactly 3 months ago!
So I guess they are covered by warrantly and I've contacted them to discuss how to proceed.
Unless you advice otherwise.

That will work just fine. Of course if you have any other questions feel free to email me
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

The cables we originally ordered had its flaws for sure. Since then we have found a new manufacturer for our cables.

I got a pair of Sleek Customs in November and my cable is causing issues (left channel is intermittent), when did you change manufacturers?

Are the new cables any different - gauge of wire, etc? A thicker wire with better insulation would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back