Sleek cables quality issues - again
Apr 22, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #3 of 28
We have just changed to a new manufacturer to make our new cables that will be released shortly. We will let Head-Fiers know first and make an announcement.

Apr 23, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #4 of 28
Oh, I can't wait
redface.gif
)
My current cable is super-glued in three places

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #5 of 28
does crazy gluing it void warranty or cause cracking? ive had mine for a month and its still going strong, but i dont wanna end up without them one day.

Apr 23, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 28
Well, as long as you only glue the cable - that can be replaced for $25.
I would prefer a higher quality cable though - and at a higher price. The current one is worse than those on very cheap earbuds.

Apr 24, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #7 of 28
So will we be able to buy just the cables when they come out? I don't even have my customs yet, but the pics I have seen of the current cables don't look very good and cables were the main complaint on every review that I read.

Apr 27, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We have just changed to a new manufacturer to make our new cables that will be released shortly. We will let Head-Fiers know first and make an announcement.

Just wondering, have these new cables been re-designed to be more durable?

I do love the earphones, so I'd like to stick with them; I'm just disappointed with the cable quality. Having just gone through my latest cable, I too wouldn't mind paying more to get a higher-quality cable.

Apr 27, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Great; the old cable is far too feeble for a quality product (with matching price) like the SA6s. I paid the same amount for them (in Europe) as for my Senn IE8. Now there is a cable wel designed and durable.

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #11 of 28
My cable just went bad and I contacted SA about a replacement and they said they were out of stock and they will have more in 3 weeks. Hopefully its the newer cables so I don't have to do this again.

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #12 of 28
I had a couple here of the old ones with problems as well, as usual they replace them, but it will be good to get one of the new ones...

May 17, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Still nothing?

May 18, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #15 of 28
Jason and Mark are actually heading to China at the end of this week to visit our manufacturer and get it on the move. Which, unfortunately, is why we are going to be missing CanJam this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back