Sleek Audio SA6 Source Compatibility
Aug 22, 2008 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Repooc

Head-Fier
Hey all,

Pretty much a straight-forward question here... looking to upgrade from my 1st gen iPod Nano to either a 1st gen iPhone OR iPod Touch.

Will the Sleek Audio SA6's plug work with these devices? I do recall that the iPhone had some kind of plug connectivity issue because it was recessed or something.

ALSO keep in mind that I do not care to use the headphones for conversing with, I do realise there is no voice microphone on the SA6. I hardly use my cell phone, so the phone part is not necessary, but would be convenient to combine the 2 devices into 1.

Thanks for all your input!

Aug 22, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Repooc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey all,

Pretty much a straight-forward question here... looking to upgrade from my 1st gen iPod Nano to either a 1st gen iPhone OR iPod Touch.

Will the Sleek Audio SA6's plug work with these devices? I do recall that the iPhone had some kind of plug connectivity issue because it was recessed or something.

ALSO keep in mind that I do not care to use the headphones for conversing with, I do realise there is no voice microphone on the SA6. I hardly use my cell phone, so the phone part is not necessary, but would be convenient to combine the 2 devices into 1.

Thanks for all your input!

The SA6s won't work with the original iPhone and you will need to get an adapter for it to work. I emailed Jason a couple months ago asking if Sleek would develop a 1st generation iPhone compatible cable and he indicated that they would.

Don't know the priority now. The new iPhone 3G does not have a recessed headphone jack which eliminates the problem.

Aug 22, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #3 of 6
great! thanks for the quick reply/info

So generally, how big are these adapters for the 1st gen iPhone? If it's literally just a socket for the headphone plug to fit into.. thats not too bad. I'd probably want the most smallest/compact one available.

Any suggestions on adapters? then? I'll check eBay right after I post this.

Thanks again,

Aug 22, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #5 of 6
Works on the 16gb and 32gb touch.

Aug 22, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Repooc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
great! thanks for the quick reply/info

So generally, how big are these adapters for the 1st gen iPhone? If it's literally just a socket for the headphone plug to fit into.. thats not too bad. I'd probably want the most smallest/compact one available.

Any suggestions on adapters? then? I'll check eBay right after I post this.

Thanks again,

they are small. here is one from Belkin

http://www.thenerds.net/BELKIN.Belkin_Headphone_Adapter_for_iPhone.F8Z177. html?affid=8&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=F8Z177^~^BELKI N

there are also ones that are more flexible

Apple iPhone 3G TTY Headset Adapter 3.5mm TO 2.5mm - IPHFA25:16210916 - Buy.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back