Well well.... I will leave this to the discussion of the headphone forum
cool.gif

Dec 23, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by reivaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16313217/?GT1=8816
Well well.... I will leave this to the discussion of the headphone forum
cool.gif

He did not survive a terminal velocity skydive. He had a main/reserve entanglement. He still had canopy over his head. The bush would not have saved his life without it.

Snip-it internet media loves this type of stuff.

Dec 23, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He did not survive a terminal velocity skydive. He had a main/reserve entanglement. He still had canopy over his head. The bush would not have saved his life without it.

Snip-it internet media loves this type of stuff.

Yup, he was lucky, and avoided a lot more injuries. I remember seeing footage of a woman landing face down with a tangled chute. Was not a pretty sight, but she survived and recovered. But it was a long recovery.

-Ed

Dec 23, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #6 of 22
I used to skydive, and saw a couple of close calls from tangled chutes. One of my photos shows a skydiver's chute trailing upopened, but it then opened partially a short way up. The guy landed safely, but it was a very close call. In another incident a girl's chute didn't open until the last moment, but she made it. When we rushed over to her, I saw that she was completely hysterical, and shaking like a leaf. She said that she tried to open her emergency chute, but that she could not budge the rip chord. The instructor then place one leg on the emergency chute, and pulled the cord with lots of effort. At this point it opened, and he yelled "see, it opened." After observing these two incidents on a single day, I decided to quit this sport, and take up skiing instead.

Dec 24, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #8 of 22
A falling body eventually reaches a terminal velocity due to air drag. I'm not sure how long it takes for people but I do know it's only like 7 feet for a ping-pong ball (physics student).

Dec 24, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #10 of 22
wasn't there a skydiver that landed on the hood of a car a few years back with only his pilot chute deployed?

pretty amazing though, gota admit it's once video i'd like to see since he made it.

Dec 24, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #11 of 22
I remember a couple years ago, a professional female skydiver did an illegal jump in Yosemite to prove how 'safe' a sport it is. Sad to say that when her chute didn't open at all, she did not make her point
frown.gif

Dec 24, 2006 at 7:03 AM Post #15 of 22
the chances of that....happening...are amazing...besides both chutes not opening

living is too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back