Skullcandy
Feb 14, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
I believe the 50/50's are the mic version of the Titans. If so, I definitely can re-affirm your thoughts. The bass on them, when driven with even a E5 amp, is very tight and punchy. I enjoy a good listen to them when that is more the goal. Otherwise, I like the offerings from NuForce, which I've found to have plenty of bass and still have all the other levels coming through. I'd suggest trying the NE-770X's. It's towards the high end of that price range but definitely worth consideration

Yea the 50/50's are basically the mic version of the titans, a bit of a nicer design and in-line mic though. The NE-770X's look pretty nice actually.

@5370H55V  The monster Turbine's look nice, but they are kinda pricey even refurbed...

Thanks for some suggestions I may look into these some more.

Feb 14, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #17 of 23
A great IEM in this price bracket is the Dunu Trident.  It's almost as good as the Turbines, and it costs quite a bit less new.  They have a very similar sound signature, but they aren't quite as bassy...though they still have enough bass to be considered a "bass-oriented" IEM.  Not as much sub-bass though, but overall, it's hard to beat at that price.  As a plus it has excellent build quality (as good as ones that cost many times more...made from machined titanium; not many IEMs can match that) and looks pretty nice too.

Only Skullcandy IEMs I've heard are the Ink'd..they were actually my first IEMs, way back when.  I honestly can't remember them anymore though...that was awhile ago.  All that I remember though, is that I went through several of them before getting fed up and going to a different brand. :p

Feb 14, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #18 of 23

Quote:
A great IEM in this price bracket is the Dunu Trident.  It's almost as good as the Turbines, and it costs quite a bit less new.  They have a very similar sound signature, but they aren't quite as bassy...though they still have enough bass to be considered a "bass-oriented" IEM.  Not as much sub-bass though, but overall, it's hard to beat at that price.  As a plus it has excellent build quality (as good as ones that cost many times more...made from machined titanium; not many IEMs can match that) and looks pretty nice too.

Only Skullcandy IEMs I've heard are the Ink'd..they were actually my first IEMs, way back when.  I honestly can't remember them anymore though...that was awhile ago.  All that I remember though, is that I went through several of them before getting fed up and going to a different brand. :p

Yea i guess that is one thing Skullcandy doesn't have the best build quality and my speakers tend to stop working, because of wiring. Those don't look too bad either. They're out of stock right now, but I have lots to consider now... jeez I didn't realize there were so many different ear phones. lol.

Feb 14, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #19 of 23

Quote:
Yea i guess that is one thing Skullcandy doesn't have the best build quality and my speakers tend to stop working, because of wiring. Those don't look too bad either. They're out of stock right now, but I have lots to consider now... jeez I didn't realize there were so many different ear phones. lol.

mp4nation is a good place to get the Dunu IEMs if you don't mind waiting a long time for shipping...also, you should really check out Joker's thread here, if you want to see even more of the options available:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-221-iems-compared-monoprice-mep-933-8320-added-02-12-12

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #20 of 23
Coming from a Skullcandy user, I'd expect he'd be looking for something more bassy. M11+'s and SP51's are around the $40-50 range, there's also the Brainwavz M1 (though it's a tad on the mid-centric side), Audio-Technica CKM-50, the Dunu Trident (edit: as mentioned before, oops). And I guess some lesser options that are still better than Skullcandy's include Klipsch Image S3's and (possibly) Sony XB41's.

Quote:
Even the CC51 you can get for $40

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #21 of 23

Quote:
Coming from a Skullcandy user, I'd expect he'd be looking for something more bassy. M11+'s and SP51's are around the $40-50 range, there's also the Brainwavz M1 (though it's a tad on the mid-centric side), Audio-Technica CKM-50, the Dunu Trident (edit: as mentioned before, oops). And I guess some lesser options that are still better than Skullcandy's include Klipsch Image S3's and (possibly) Sony XB41's.

Sure, the CC51s aren't basshead headphones, but they're no slouch on the low end.

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #22 of 23
Anyone here heard of a Sonicgear? 
tongue_smile.gif
 Notoriusly common in Malaysia somehow. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back