Skullcandy Titan Earbud Issues
Sep 2, 2014 at 9:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JonathonBailey

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, one of the bassports on my skullcandy titans is clogged. It really affects the quality of the music, and creates a huge pressure. I am wondering if anyone knows how to open up a pair, I don't want to deal with their warranty because these were just a cheap pair to buy while saving for the Shure SE535. 

Sep 2, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #2 of 6
Going straight from skullcandies to the shure se535 is a horrible idea. Slower progression is the way to go if you want to appreciate higher end stuff.  If I were you, I'd upgrade to something like the Jvc fxd80, xiaomi piston 2, or Yamaha eph100.

Sep 2, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #3 of 6
Well man I have owned a pair of ATH- M50s for a while now... then I moved up to Sennheiser HD 598s. I just want something like that in a portable application. I owned the Shure Se215 for a few days before returning them. Not much better than high end Skullcandys

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 6
Well man I have owned a pair of ATH- M50s for a while now... then I moved up to Sennheiser HD 598s. I just want something like that in a portable application. I owned the Shure Se215 for a few days before returning them. Not much better than high end Skullcandys

What didn't you like about the shures (more specifically)?

Sep 15, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #5 of 6
Very late I have been busy lately. I sold the Skullcandys for 20 bucks.

I just thought that the Shure 215s were not very clear. I expected more, but my 8 dollar panasonic rphje 120 almost kept up.

Now I am looking at some MEElectronics M-duo as my next pair, dual dynamic drivers. I am curious if there is anything better out there under the sub 100 range. 
I did see the Hifiman Re-400 waterline on the 321 IEM forum, sound is a 9/10 but I am scared because of the Amazon reviews.

Sep 15, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #6 of 6
Very late I have been busy lately. I sold the Skullcandys for 20 bucks.

I just thought that the Shure 215s were not very clear. I expected more, but my 8 dollar panasonic rphje 120 almost kept up.

Now I am looking at some MEElectronics M-duo as my next pair, dual dynamic drivers. I am curious if there is anything better out there under the sub 100 range. 
I did see the Hifiman Re-400 waterline on the 321 IEM forum, sound is a 9/10 but I am scared because of the Amazon reviews.

So you had a problem with the overall clarity?

Well for neutral dual driver iems, theres the havi b3 pro 1 (needs an amp).
The logitech ue600 is a single balanced armature iem in that price range
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/UltimateEarsUE600.pdf
The ttpod t1e is another dual driver but most people in the asian headphone thread say its more of a bassy iem (but not at complete basshead levels... Doesn't need an amp as long as source impedence is low)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back