SkullCandy Ti are HORRIBLE
Feb 26, 2007 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Denver Max

100+ Head-Fier
I made a thread asking about these headphones a week or two ago. I bought them, knowing that they probably weren't going to sound good. But because I have bad ears, I thought that I would be fooled and that they wouldn't be as bad as everyone says.

Still, I wasn't buying them to keep, only to hear and return or resell on eBay.

Well, they came in today. And let me say, the SkullCandy Ti are probably the WORST headphone I have heard. They were powered out of my Macbook Pro and had less sound quality than Apple's earbuds. Imagine the quality that you get out of your laptop's speakers, except coming out of a closed can.

So, yes, they are gorgeous headphones. But no, they are not worth buying even if you don't care much about sound quality. Let that be known.

Feb 26, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 17
You really cant expect quality from a company called Skullcandy. Translation - pretty headphones for your head. Nothing in the name or reputation suggest sound quality. Stick to the recommendations on the board or be prepared to waste money trying crappy phones.

Feb 26, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #3 of 17
we coulda toldja that. in fact, didn't we tell you that?
evil_smiley.gif
but to be fair, your original thread had some good alternative suggestions in there for some white closed full size cans, go check em out for better results.

Feb 26, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 17
Thanks for taking one for the team!! Too bad the rumors are true and they basically are junk. Good Luck with the ebay sale.

Feb 26, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #5 of 17
I have yet to hear anything good about a Skull Candy headphone.
rolleyes.gif

Though I do like the skull look on their CD player...but $129.99 MSRP...you serious?
580smile.gif

Feb 26, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 17
I agree... I got them before Head-fi.
Even the buying experience was bad- I ordered off the website and they charged my credit card but never actually paid UPS to ship them. Then I couldn't contact them and eventually got the phones (without any explanation of what happened) after filing a dispute. I got them and they broke 3 months later. Go figure.

Feb 26, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by zombieDave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe they (Skullcandy) should market "snap-on" covers for our high-quality head/ear phones to make them look cooler while on our heads. Now, there's a niche market
tongue.gif
!

KILLER! I'd get one for any ugly pair I have.
580smile.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 8:54 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we coulda toldja that. in fact, didn't we tell you that?
evil_smiley.gif
but to be fair, your original thread had some good alternative suggestions in there for some white closed full size cans, go check em out for better results.

Yeah I know! I said in my original post that I was buying them anyways simply to hear them firsthand because there isn't enough information about them on the internet, and would probably get rid of them right away.

I didn't expect anything good, and what I got was worse than what I expected.

As for the recommendations, those white audio technica headphones will be in my posession by the end of march. I sure hope they sound better.

Feb 27, 2007 at 12:44 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, it's the same headband anyway. Sennheiser use it also, as do a number of other brands.

Ooops, didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back