SkullCandy The Fix vs Monster Turbine vs HTC One stock earbuds
Jun 7, 2013 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xperator

New Head-Fier
Hello there,

I recently had a thread opened here. I had a Skullcandy Fix earbuds and I wanted to have an upgrade for under a $100 budget.
And I decided to buy Monster Turbine in the end. (Thanks to TwinQY)

But I was really dissapointed when I got the M-Turbine. The sound wasn't was pretty much the same as my SkullCandy earbuds or maybe even worst. Specially the bass which was weaker.
Then I gave it about +30hours burn-in and listen up to it for some time (If anyone believes in brain burn in :D). Well the sound got much better but still not much of a improvement or something I would call an upgrade.

Not sure if I didn't pay enough for an upgrade, or I didn't give the right description in that thread.

Anyways, few day ago I opened my HTC One box once again and tried the stock earbuds for the first time. And When I listened to them, I was like WOW! The bass is much stronger and better than the Turbines and Skullcandy. But it's very bad on the singing parts. The Turbines are much better in this field. I'm burn-in them right now.

Unfortunately, I can't describe the sound just like everyone does in this forum. I don't know about mids, highs, soundstage,etc.. . I hope there is a tutorial which can give me some hints. Because we all know you got to hear it first to know the related term.

What I'm asking here is:
1. First of all why the Monster Turbine had similar sound to SkullCandy and wasn't any better? (even though most poeple call them fashion accessories)
2. Secondly, why HTC One stock earbuds has better bass and sound over these 2 ?
3. Maybe I got the wrong idea about different types of basses. Do you call the HTC earbuds bass punchy or deep? (I hope someone has listened to them before)

Jun 7, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hello there,

I recently had a thread opened here. I had a Skullcandy Fix earbuds and I wanted to have an upgrade for under a $100 budget.
And I decided to buy Monster Turbine in the end. (Thanks to TwinQY)

But I was really dissapointed when I got the M-Turbine. The sound wasn't was pretty much the same as my SkullCandy earbuds or maybe even worst. Specially the bass which was weaker.
Then I gave it about +30hours burn-in and listen up to it for some time (If anyone believes in brain burn in :D). Well the sound got much better but still not much of a improvement or something I would call an upgrade.

Not sure if I didn't pay enough for an upgrade, or I didn't give the right description in that thread.

Anyways, few day ago I opened my HTC One box once again and tried the stock earbuds for the first time. And When I listened to them, I was like WOW! The bass is much stronger and better than the Turbines and Skullcandy. But it's very bad on the singing parts. The Turbines are much better in this field. I'm burn-in them right now.

Unfortunately, I can't describe the sound just like everyone does in this forum. I don't know about mids, highs, soundstage,etc.. . I hope there is a tutorial which can give me some hints. Because we all know you got to hear it first to know the related term.

What I'm asking here is:
1. First of all why the Monster Turbine had similar sound to SkullCandy and wasn't any better? (even though most poeple call them fashion accessories)
2. Secondly, why HTC One stock earbuds has better bass and sound over these 2 ?
3. Maybe I got the wrong idea about different types of basses. Do you call the HTC earbuds bass punchy or deep? (I hope someone has listened to them before)

Are you sure it wasn't the quantity that you like? My friend claims that his beats solo has better bass than DT1350 because there is more bass and more impact.

Jun 8, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Are you sure it wasn't the quantity that you like? My friend claims that his beats solo has better bass than DT1350 because there is more bass and more impact.

Well as I said before, I wish there was some guide/tutorial to learn these terms. I have no idea in how many ways you can describe the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back