Skullcandy Supreme Sound Heavy Medal Headphones
Jan 31, 2013 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Danmao

New Head-Fier
So I bought a pair of the SS Heavy Medal headphones off of ebay for $30, and I've read a couple of things from the 2011 model about how they were better than the rest of Skullcandy's in-ear headphones. I figured for $30, and since it's the 2012 model, maybe I should give them a shot.

They problem I had with buying them though was that there were literally no reviews that I could find for the 2012 model, which really irks me. Does anyone here have any experience with these?

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #2 of 7
Few things.

1) Why are there two threads for this?

2) No one on this site will give you positive words for any Skullcandy products, with the exception of the Aviators and Mix Master Mikes.

3) The bass is overpowering and the treble is shrill, bass heavy music like dubstep will sound below par on them, and acoustic music will sound horrible. Buying them off ebay will void the warranty that SK offers with their products, which you will need approximately 1-2 months after you receive them when they break.

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 7
Ah well, take my words to the head, they really are terrible. If you want a good pair of sub $30 IEMs then the Sony MH1C are hyped up around here. 

You would have much better results if you would be able to bump your budget up to the sub $100 range.

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #5 of 7
Ah well, take my words to the head, they really are terrible. If you want a good pair of sub $30 IEMs then the Sony MH1C are hyped up around here. 

You would have much better results if you would be able to bump your budget up to the sub $100 range.

I'll probably do that in the next month or so, but right now any extra money that I have is going to remodeling my new bedroom.

Any $100 budget IEMs that you would recommend?

EDIT: Actually, that other thread is starting to bug the crap out of me. Any chance it can be deleted?

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #6 of 7
Only $100 IEM I have alot of experience with is the Klipsch Image X10, and I would highly recommend that, I have not found a single genre they are not amazing with. I have a full review of my complete thoughts on their sound, as well as construction and comfort linked in my description if you want to check it out. 

If you have any questions about them feel free to PM me.

They actually retail for $350, but on Amazon they are 50%+ off because they were discontinued by Klipsch. Right now they are $116, I got mine 2 months ago for $90

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 7
The Heavy Medal Headphones are amazing, incomparable with the other in-ear headphones. The quality and supreme sound, superb bass with the design to match it's AWESOMENESS. Very strong and housed in solid metal and yet surprisingly lightweight. They were engineered to increase the air flow in the ear canal producing outstanding directional sound projection. The controls for most if not all of the other Skullcandy products don't work, but surprisingly the Heavy Metal's work just as well on droids as they do with iPhones/iPads. Bottom line is, that these are great earphones for WHATEVER you need. If you're looking for something that provides exceptional sound quality, works seamlessly for the iPhone & iPad and is sturdy and durable, Heavy Metal's will be the #1 choice.With a price range of under a hundred dollars (very affordable, you can get no better deal than that), You cannot go wrong with these bad boys!!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back