Skullcandy skullcrusher vs Sennheiser HD 212
Mar 23, 2010 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

iVersace

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I'm new to the forums and don't know if i posted this at the right place.
I am looking for some new headphones with bass.
I just like the looks of the skullcandies lol.
Which ones are more bassy?
Skullcrushers or HD 212s?
Which ones are just better, not with way too overpowered bass so you can't hear the rest of the song anymore.
Are there any other good competitors?
I'd buy the 201's if they had bass lol.
Will a Fiio E5 amp provide enough bass on the HD 201's?

Thank you!!

iVersace

Mar 23, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 10
Welcome to Head-Fi.

What music do you listen to? Budget?

Mar 23, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 10
I listen to trance, hip hop, dance, pop, rock, about everything except country, jazz and classic lol
Budget is around 100$
And thank you
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by iVersace /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those actually seem pretty good.
Have you ever tried them?
I want to make sure there is bass lol.

I have the Denon D1001, which is very close to identical. Same driver, same basic construction. It's as good as your bass is going to get under $100 while sounding reasonably decent and clear otherwise. Skullcrushers sound like you're listening to rap through a wall.

Mar 23, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #7 of 10
I hear Audio Technica M50's have a good amount of bass. They can be found under $100 if you know where to look.
But general rule of thumb is stay away from Skullcandy they have bass but it's very boomy and uncontrolled.

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #8 of 10
I have the A-T ATH-M50. It's got bass, but it's controlled (at least more than the DT770Pro).
I use the M50 for music/mixing and the 770 for movies/games.
I think the M50 is one of the best closed cans up to $130 (now $90 offer by brianf/ebay).

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #9 of 10
I have a pair of skullcrushers... they are "fun" if nothing else. It feels like two vibrating motors strapped to your head. The sq is horrible, especially with the sub's turned off. I've not heard HD 212's but I cant imagine them worse than sc. The extremley high amount of bass also cause fast ear fatigue... even at low volumes I can't listen to them for more than an hour tops. Portapros have decent bass and are cheaper than sc, but are open ear compared to sc being closed.

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #10 of 10
Yes, I'd suggest the ATH M50 as well. Get the coiled cord...it is probably better for portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back