Skullcandy? Seriously???
Nov 11, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #196 of 202
I'd be able to tell a difference, only because Bose has a certain sound about them.

Nov 11, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #197 of 202
Skullcandy is only about the look. I see kids wearing the low-riders around their necks in my high school all the time. It's only so that they can look cool and like they have better things to do than to be in school. My girlfriend actually owned the low riders when I met her. I had only a pair on Senn eH150s then. I let her listen to those and she liked them a lot more. Needless to say, I bought her a replacement for the low riders ASAP. I got her the Panasonic RP-HTX7 (which still aren't great by any means, but she likes the look and sound much more) for about $50 and she hasn't looked back.

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #198 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got her the Panasonic RP-HTX7 (which still aren't great by any means, but she likes the look and sound much more) for about $50 and she hasn't looked back.

Well, props for rescuing your girlfriend.
I consider the RP-HTX7s my first actual headphone purchase, choosing these because I never really bought into the Skullcandy crap in the first place, even as a preteen/teenager myself. Another reason was that my ear canals were too small to have a consistent fit with my ER6s. Yeah, I was eleven...twelve?

I got a pair of PX100s since, which are, to put it short, sonically superior, and my ears started to accommodate the ER6s and their awesome detail. But I still use this pair, and they don't make me think, 'Never mind, I don't want to use these, they suck' whenever I put them on. Plus, they've endured (and still are enduring) me falling asleep in bed with them on, and presumably rolling about. I'm a pretty shifty sleeper.
wink.gif

I think these cans were a pretty good buy. That being said, though, it's about time for a new circumaural pair. ATH-M50s or XB700, maybe. I was pretty impressed with the latter after tampering with my DAP's EQ, which I have no qualms with using to balance out an otherwise bassy headphone - I already do it to my PX100s, actually. I've digressed far enough, though.

Anyways, I remember hearing the FMJ 9mm and they were like a bad car audio system - boomy bass that obscured the other frequencies, yet never extended very far down. Sad. And, yes, like the posters before, Bose isn't so bad as to be considered complete garbage; yes, just way overpriced.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tribestros /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be able to tell a difference, only because Bose has a certain sound about them.

They have, however, what I consider an annoying sound signature. I'd liken the coloration to a coworker or classmate who's always ridiculously cheerful to the point where it's irritating - imagine listening to the Kills or any of Jack White's bands through them.

My, how did the post grow so? Well, that's my two cents on SC, Bose, and retro-style Panasonics. Thanks for your time.

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #199 of 202
I see these skullcandy's every day on the bus !! I don't understand people going around with them.... They look bad as hell, they sound bad as hell.....

This model is even worse then the others....

61148.gif

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #200 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see these skullcandy's every day on the bus !! I don't understand people going around with them.... They look bad as hell, they sound bad as hell.....

This model is even worse then the others....

61148.gif

They just do not fathom the importance of real cans, so they stick with eyesore earmuffs that produce rumble.
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 12, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #201 of 202
Sadly everyone here will say something like "too much bass" or "bad sound quality" but to be honest i prefer my skullcandys over my audiotechnica ath m50. The m50s sound great, perfect actaually, but theyre too acurate, no extra emotion in your music, they play it the way it was supposed to be played, the skullcandys arent perfect, but they offer a great bass and a whole bunch more fun.

Jun 12, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #202 of 202
Sadly everyone here will say something like "too much bass" or "bad sound quality" but to be honest i prefer my skullcandys over my audiotechnica ath m50. The m50s sound great, perfect actaually, but theyre too acurate, no extra emotion in your music, they play it the way it was supposed to be played, the skullcandys arent perfect, but they offer a great bass and a whole bunch more fun.

This thread is half a decade old, their complaints were pretty valid back then. I had a bunch of Skullcandy headphones growing up and none of them except the aviators really compared to the "serious" stuff. I liked my M50s and the Aviators equally, each had genres they did specialized in. In their new line up, I like their higher end product (the Supreme Sound stuff) but the lower end stuff is still pretty crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back