SkullCandy Roc Nation Aviator or Sennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 ii?
Dec 30, 2011 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Chuenny

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am new to this forums. I have a Crado headphone at home, but the wire is so thick, it is really hard to carry around when I am commute. I want to buy a portable headphone for day to day use. While researching the headphones, I found this place which full of exports about headphones. I am not an export. I enjoy listening to music (mostly rock, jazz, and blues, not a fan of hip-hop or classical).

I saw these two headphones which I can't decide which one to get. I have never used either of these two headphones. My husband used Sennheiser's other products (not headphones) before, and he said that Sennheiser has really nice products. I am going to use it in my office a lot, so the isolation and sound leakage are very important to me. Which one should I buy?

Sennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 ii

SkullCandy Roc Nation Aviator (I love the look of the headphone)

Thanks!

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #2 of 8
So, I'll probably get blasted, but the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II are possibly the most overrated headphone ever.  They're made well, but they are...very fatiguing.  The Aviators are actually pretty decent...so get the Aviators.

Dec 30, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
So, I'll probably get blasted, but the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II are possibly the most overrated headphone ever.  They're made well, but they are...very fatiguing.  The Aviators are actually pretty decent...so get the Aviators.

Most overrated ever?  Nah, they're really good at what they do, just don't expect that you're getting a flagship headphone.

With the OP having a Grado at home, the HD 25-1 are closer in sound signature than the Aviators.

Dec 31, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Most overrated ever?  Nah, they're really good at what they do, just don't expect that you're getting a flagship headphone.

With the OP having a Grado at home, the HD 25-1 are closer in sound signature than the Aviators.

Interesting comment tribestros. The HD25's are made for portability and that's what the OP is interested in. Crado's are not made for Portability and will get ruined if sweating,etc.

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #5 of 8
I bought the HD25-1 II at the end, because of the better isolation. Got it yesterday, and tested it on my home stereo system and my iTouch. Overall, it sounded great, the bass was not overly heavy, and the electric guitar sounded so crispy clear, which is the most important to me. Thank god I found head-fi.org. I almost bought the Monster Beats Solo because all the great reviews on the YouTube before I found this website. I read a lot of reviews of different kinds of headphones here, and finally discovered the HD25-1 II.

I am currently testing it on my work pc, it even makes music sounds better on this crappy soundcard of my PC.
gs1000.gif

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
I bought the HD25-1 II at the end, because of the better isolation. Got it yesterday, and tested it on my home stereo system and my iTouch. Overall, it sounded great, the bass was not overly heavy, and the electric guitar sounded so crispy clear, which is the most important to me. Thank god I found head-fi.org. I almost bought the Monster Beats Solo because all the great reviews on the YouTube before I found this website. I read a lot of reviews of different kinds of headphones here, and finally discovered the HD25-1 II.

I am currently testing it on my work pc, it even makes music sounds better on this crappy soundcard of my PC.
gs1000.gif

Good i was about to rage about how you could even think of the skullcandy as a viable alternative.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Good i was about to rage about how you could even think of the skullcandy as a viable alternative.

Because of one Skullcandy review on head-fi written by Jude (I believe) which made me considered it, however, after I read the replies of that review, I changed my mind and chose HD25-1 II at the end.

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #8 of 8
I have both.

Had HDs for a while.  It is my default go-to headphones.  However having recently bought a pair of Roc Nation Aviator (admittedly on looks and trying to ignore the Skull Candy logo) I am surprising impressed.

The Aviators give you a warm rounded sound which is great for ambient listening (on the train, plane, in Starbucks, etc.).  The clincher is that they are REALLY comfortable.  It's like having a custom leather sofa around your head :).

Where the HDs edge over Skull Candy is in extreme listening.  In a club or in loud broadcasting environment the up close punch of the Sennheiser drivers won't let you down.  The sound always feels right next to your ear which is right where you want it when you're trying to match hi-hats and kicks with 2,000 screaming kids in front of you.

I would say choose based on what you want to do with them.  You wouldn't go off roading in a sports car, and the same goes for your headphones.  For a cool sexy listening experience, take the Aviators for a spin.  If it's something more hardcore you want then Sennheiser won't let you down.

The only downside of the Aviators is they look so lovely (with their sexy brown leather pouch) I'm being very gentle and delicate with them.  Nowhere near the same handling I give the Sennheisers i.e. wrap the cable around the cans and through them in the boot of the car LOL

Hope this helps.
@asantemusic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back