Skullcandy make the top slot of What HiFi's line up.
Sep 22, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #2 of 12
Can i laugh for the rest of the day now, mom?

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 12
Actually, What Hi-Fi? did not find anything particularly noteworthy (performance-wise) among headphones which sell in the UK for under £30. Thus, their ratings are merely relative for their own price class.

And that same magazine rated the Sony MDR-XB500 only one star (the worst rating among headphones priced between £51 and £100).

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #5 of 12
On the same note..they're not exactly ignorant..

11rbvc6.jpg

Sep 23, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Empire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the same note..they're not exactly ignorant..

I wonder how many people would agree with that. at the end of the day there are a few choices i cna't get around.

They love Goldring DR100 headphones, I thought they were offered one of the best build quality of any headphones I've ever come across, but I couldn't quite get my head around the sound, which was quite painful.

They give the Bose Triports 4 or 5 stars?? And now Skullcandy. I have to say that I've only tested them quickly against a pair of Sennheiser PX30?? Skullcandy BQ is very poor in comparison, and the sound was even worse. Oh, that was it, my boss at work Nicky had a pair as well.

Sep 23, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #8 of 12
I almost read that as "Skullcandy make the top slot of Head-Fi's line up".... :p

Sep 23, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #9 of 12
ever thought that we might be wrong about some of our biases? they are a community (if smaller than us) and have their opinions and we, intent on being the most uppity snobs, have ours. i promise you that not one community is right or wrong with brands such as skull candy.

again, bashing bose, apple, skull candy, B&O etc., does not mean you will be popular here. it is funny to read over and over and over and over though...

Sep 23, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ever thought that we might be wrong about some of our biases? they are a community (if smaller than us) and have their opinions and we, intent on being the most uppity snobs, have ours. i promise you that not one community is right or wrong with brands such as skull candy.

again, bashing bose, apple, skull candy, B&O etc., does not mean you will be popular here. it is funny to read over and over and over and over though...

to be honest, you're right, it's mostly opinion based, and down the the preference of the individual. that's why i still say i love the Bose AE and Oe, but knowing that there are better out there. everyone will have their favorites for whatever reason. My friend, a drummer loves highs and on his system (which i gave him actually) he'll turn the bass right down and the treble right up. I'm a bass head.

Some people also dismiss amazon review, but i like the honesty of some of those reviews. I just thought it might make people smile, or shock people!

However, there are some headphones I just can't give credence to, and Skullcandy is one of them. I think that for the most part, SQ aside, they absolutely disgusting for the price. the whole fit, feel, BQ of my fellow art students Heshs' was truly shocking in comparison to the AKG K518 headphones. In fact each SKullcandy headphones I've tried have been shocking. Just my ten pence worth. for me it's what i'd recommend to people, and I just couldn't recommend them to anyone.

Sep 26, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #12 of 12
I don't know the Skullcandy, but they are right on the Philips SHS8000 - they are surprisingly good for the price.

I have the SHS8000 and a pair of Sennheiser IE8. And I promise you that for the price, most people would be very happy with the SHS8000. And they would think that the price difference up to the IE8 is plain ridiculous, and it is!
I got my IE8 for half the retail price, and am very happy with them. But the SHS8000 aint THAT far behind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back