SkullCandy Ink'd Vs V-Moda Remix?
May 25, 2010 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

tripleh3lix

Head-Fier
What do you think is best? I bought the skullcandy ink'd and they sound really awesome. But they don't have the attachment I need *microphone for my iphone*. I got a free 87 dollar apple store card and if I take back the skullcandy earbuds it will be enough for the v-moda remix's.
Specs for SkullCandy here; 

1. Priced at 19.99
  2. [size=small]11 mm Speaker[/size]
  3. [size=small]Frequency Range is 20-20K Hz[/size]
  4. [size=small]Cable length 1.3 M[/size]
  5. [size=small]Plug type 3.5mm gold plated[/size]
  6. [size=small]Max Input is 100 mW[/size]
  8. Specs for V-Moda Remix; 
  9. Priced at $99.99
    1. Magnet type: 9mm neodymium earth magnet driver
    2. Frequency response: 5 Hz – 24 kHz
    3. Connector: 24k gold-plated, 1/8 in./3.5 mm stereo plug
    4. Cables: Kevlar reinforced; 32 in./81.3 cm
    5. Weight: 0.95 oz./17 g

May 25, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #3 of 13
Neither? 

May 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #5 of 13
I've never tried the remix but I've had the Ink'd and the V-Moda Vibe II. The Ink'd were okay for the $10 I paid; wouldn't pay any more for them. The V-Modas underperformed hugely for the $90 or so they cost. Not necessarily the story with the Remix but personally I'm staying away from V-Moda. 

Why not look into the Klipsch S4i/S2i  if you need an iphone mic? One or both should be available at the apple store. Not sure what else the apple store carries that's actually good. Maybe the Maximo iP-HS5?

May 25, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #7 of 13
The iP-HS5 and Klipsch S4 are a lot better than the Vibe II IMO. The HS5 is the iphone headset version of the Maximo iM-590, which is pretty popular around here and one of my favorite budget sets. The S2m is not that much better than the vibe but it's cheaper and more comfortable. Isolation is quite good on all three, at least when compared to your Ink'd. The Maximos are the most balanced of the three, followed by the S2m and then the S4i.

May 25, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #8 of 13
Hm well I guess it depends what they have at the apple store haha. I have about 99 dollars to work with total thats not without the tax that california has. So all in all about 110 total. I see the S4i's there, but I don't see the HS5's, shame. But I like noise isolation, the ink'd were pretty good in my opinion. I'm honestly just worried about overall quality, but those three still rank in your top 3 list? I don't care about the cash, just as long as I'm spending it on something worthy. How are the S4i's compared to the iP-HS5s?

May 25, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:
Hm well I guess it depends what they have at the apple store haha. I have about 99 dollars to work with total thats not without the tax that california has. So all in all about 110 total. I see the S4i's there, but I don't see the HS5's, shame. But I like noise isolation, the ink'd were pretty good in my opinion. I'm honestly just worried about overall quality, but those three still rank in your top 3 list? I don't care about the cash, just as long as I'm spending it on something worthy. How are the S4i's compared to the iP-HS5s?

Both of the Klipschs have very impressive noise isolation but the HS5 is still more isolating than the ink'd. But there's a chance the apple store doesn't carry Maximo products. I remember that they used to; not sure what happened. I don't know about them being in my top three - you're severely limiting yourself by requiring a microphone and even more so by shopping at the apple store - there are far more iphone headsets out there than the apple store carries (see here). If you want to know what I think about the S4i/HS5, read the review in my sig (S4 and iM-590 are the ones that would interest you). 

May 25, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #10 of 13
It's not that im trying to limit myself, it's just i have an 87 dollar apple store card that I got for free from apple, so I just wanted something compatible with my handset, also providing decent to good headphone quality. right now i have about another 25 bucks to put towards the card, but thats it. and apple doesn't have much to offer but the S4i's which I called and they do have in. They didn't have the HS5's in but I guess i can deal if they have good quality and even bass.

P.S. Thanks a lot for your help you've helped a lot believe it or not.

May 25, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
Quote:

Both of the Klipschs have very impressive noise isolation but the HS5 is still more isolating than the ink'd. But there's a chance the apple store doesn't carry Maximo products. I remember that they used to; not sure what happened. I don't know about them being in my top three - you're severely limiting yourself by requiring a microphone and even more so by shopping at the apple store - there are far more iphone headsets out there than the apple store carries (see here). If you want to know what I think about the S4i/HS5, read the review in my sig (S4 and iM-590 are the ones that would interest you). Oh btw, what do you prefer? Aside from noise isolation, how does the quality and bass match up between the S4i

Oh btw, what do you prefer? Aside from noise isolation, how does the quality and bass match up between the S4i/ and the iM-590s/HS5. I like bass but I don't like too crazy heavy btw.

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #13 of 13
This is an old thread.  Please tell me you didn't buy the Klipsch S4i?  They are terrible for electronic music.  Flat lifeless and lacking bass is how I would describe them best, an audiophiles dream it seems lol  I would choose V moda with it's accentuated bass & somewhat recessed mids over the klipsch s4i anyday.  I bought a pair of Vibe duo's paired them with the FiiO E6, all I can say is happy days!  Another thing I could never understand on headfi is how the Creative Aurvana Live became so popular?  One headphone that should get recommended over the CALs firs timet is the JVC HA M750.  Love those headphones, great bass extension, fairly good mids and clear highs and EQ really well.  WARNING Never listen to audiophiles, any headset I ve been recommended has turned out to be be borderline terrible!  Rant over :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back